Student Feedback - Excelsior College
Page Hero - About Us
Student Feedback main
We listen to your feedback and make improvements to the student experience based upon survey results about your Excelsior College experience across a variety of topics.
Wondering why you were not contacted for one of these surveys?
We know that our students are busy, so we have an institutional policy limiting the amount of times any member of the Excelsior community can be contacted to participate in a research project. That’s why it’s so important that you participate when you receive a request for feedback.
Let your voice be heard. Watch your email for upcoming opportunities to tell us what you think.
IMPROVEMENTS BASED UPON STUDENT SURVEY FEEDBACK
- Created a Student Success Blog to support Advisor to Student communications
- School of Nursing has started offering one day in-person CPNE® skills workshops
- Corrections and/or updates to the exam content guides are made as needed and published on the web immediately, instead of once per year.
- School of Nursing has designed a CPNE portal page with all necessary information in one place
- Several corrections were made to UExcel® test items based on examinee feedback
- Migrated the Video Resource Pages to a public area for ease of re-use in other initiatives
- Modified Library web pages (login required) so links are more prominent for usability
- School of Nursing has revamped the MS capstone to provide more opportunity for students to work on capstone projects within a course and with guidance of course faculty
- Improved Excelsior College course search page
- School of Nursing has updated the content guides
Here are some of our regular surveys that ask students for their feedback on the Excelsior College experience:
Beginning Student Survey (BSS) provides insight into preparation for students entering Excelsior College degree programs to ensure that student needs are identified and supported.
First Year Student Survey (FYSS) asks students to reflect upon their experience at Excelsior College after they have completed nine months of study to address issues of student satisfaction.
Priorities Survey for Online Learners (PSOL) is a survey designed to evaluate what students believe is important about their education experience as well as how satisfied they are with their experiences.
Course Evaluation Surveys are distributed each term and are used to monitor the quality of courses, faculty, and programs.
Exit and Alumni Surveys invite graduates to share their thoughts regarding how well the college prepared them for employment and continuing education.
Don't let other students be your voice. Tell us what you think when you receive a survey.
Do you wonder if other students feel the way that you do about their Excelsior College experience? To find out, review the most recent executive summary results for the following student surveys.
- Beginning Student Survey
- First Year Student Survey
- Priorities Survey for Online Learning
- Exit Survey
- Alumni Survey - 1 year
- Alumni Survey - 3 year
POLICY LIMITING SURVEY CONTACT
CRITERIA RELATING TO RESEARCH INVOLVING EXCELSIOR COLLEGE ENROLLED OR PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS, FACULTY, STAFF OR ALUMNI
To minimize survey fatigue and the oversampling of prospective students, enrolled students, staff, faculty and alumni, and optimize the