We listen to your feedback and make improvements to the student experience based upon survey results about your Excelsior College experience across a variety of topics.
Wondering why you were not contacted for one of these surveys?
We know that our students are busy, so we have an institutional policy limiting the amount of times any member of the Excelsior community can be contacted to participate in a research project. That’s why it’s so important that you participate when you receive a request for feedback.
Let your voice be heard. Watch your email for upcoming opportunities to tell us what you think.
- Several new scholarships were added to assist with degree financial support
- Post-service surveys for technical support have been added to improve customer service
- Library has added video tutorials to the website for specific services that are offered
- E-text options offered for more courses
- More personalized content available on Financial Aid website
- School of Nursing has added videos providing more in-depth information about how students earn credit and move toward program completion
- Created a site map of the library homepage to indicate the usage of the content on the homepage
- Computer-based testing centers expanded to 4,000 global Pearson VUE locations
- Student service phone calls are audited by supervisors to ensure effective service
- Streamlined application and enrollment processes for military students were implemented
Here are some of our regular surveys that ask students for their feedback on the Excelsior College experience:
Beginning Student Survey (BSS) provides insight into preparation for students entering Excelsior College degree programs to ensure that student needs are identified and supported.
First Year Student Survey (FYSS) asks students to reflect upon their experience at Excelsior College after they have completed nine months of study to address issues of student satisfaction.
Priorities Survey for Online Learners (PSOL) is a survey designed to evaluate what students believe is important about their education experience as well as how satisfied they are with their experiences.
Course Evaluation Surveys are distributed each term and are used to monitor the quality of courses, faculty, and programs.
Exit and Alumni Surveys invite graduates to share their thoughts regarding how well the college prepared them for employment and continuing education.
Don't let other students be your voice. Tell us what YOU think when you receive a survey!
Do you wonder if other students feel the way that you do about their Excelsior College experience? To find out, review the most recent executive summary results for the following student surveys.
Criteria Relating to Research Involving Excelsior College Enrolled or Prospective Students, Faculty, Staff or Alumni
To minimize survey fatigue and the oversampling of prospective students, enrolled students, staff, faculty and alumni, and optimize the value of survey activities, the College has established a policy limiting the number of times annually that a student, staff member, faculty member, or alumnus may be included as a subject in a research study. Students may not be selected as a survey recipient more than once during a 90 day period and faculty and staff may not be selected as a survey recipient more than once within a 30 day period.
During the IRB review of research proposals involving prospective students, enrolled students, staff, faculty and alumni, consideration will be given to methods proposed by the researcher to minimize oversampling. In general, research involving members of these groups should use sampling methods rather than selecting entire populations as research subjects.
Exemptions to the Oversampling Restriction
Research studies exempted from the oversampling restriction include course evaluations, workshop evaluations, examination surveys, service quality surveys issued by Strategy and Institutional Effectiveness and the Office of Information and Technology Services, surveys required to meet institutional or program accreditation expectations, surveys conducted by Excelsior College staff or faculty on individuals not affiliated with the College unless a review is requested by the researcher, and others deemed essential by the provost and chief academic officer.
Let us know if you:
- Have an issue or concern that you would like our Executive Committee to review for possible inclusion on an upcoming student survey
- Would like to know how the results of a specific survey are used and how you can find out about improvements based upon student feedback
- Have any questions about anonymity or confidentiality
- Have any general questions regarding one of our surveys or our research process
Email your suggestions, comments, and concerns to email@example.com