Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, private, nonprofit institution of higher learning, seeks applicants for multiple vacancies for Admissions Counselor positions. The Admissions Office is designed to serve the needs of adult learners prior to enrollment.
The Admissions team is primarily responsible for providing a positive and quality rich experience to all prospective students from post inquiry through to enrollment. Admissions Counselors are responsible for meeting the needs of all prospective students by providing accurate, consistent, and timely information through various communication techniques. The position requires a positive and caring commitment to provide exceptional service, understanding of Excelsior College, all degree programs, policies, and services offered.
- Commitment to participate in consistent and thorough training exercises to become proficient in all Excelsior College degree programs, admissions requirements, policies, and services.
- Commitment to participate in consistent and thorough training to effectively use Excelsior College's Student Information System, Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) system, telephony system, and Qlikview™ for self-managed reports.
- Professionally counsel prospective students using accurate information to assist in consideration of their educational goals.
- Maintain a highly professional, caring, and objective manner at all times.
- Discuss educational options by listening to the prospective student's past educational experience and provide counsel on all options at Excelsior College.
- Explain and discuss the process of providing a preliminary evaluation of all credits earned and the outcome of the process.
- Responsible for maintaining consistent quality while held accountable for clearly defined conversion rates from inquiry to applicant and applicant to enrolled student.
- Manage a specific caseload - responsible for inbound calls, making outbound calls, email, and chat communication, and documenting all communication in the student's file in the CRM.
- effectively within a fast paced team environment.
- effectively in an external triage communication center.
- closely with an Admission Specialist as part of a duo team.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in support of the needs of Excelsior College and Enrollment Management.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Minimum of one year experience in admissions and/or in a communication center preferred.
- Ability to
- maintain a positive attitude in a high energy office and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- work independently and interact effectively with all colleagues.
- master and assimilate a large amount of factual information about academic offerings with accuracy and detail.
- work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft® Word & Excel®.
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail and strong problem solving skills are essential.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with college admissions programs and demonstrate an interest in promoting distance learning higher education to a diverse adult student population.
This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week), 12-month, benefits-eligible position. The required office hours covered by this position include different shifts spanning 7 am to 8 pm and may include some weekend work. These hours are subject to change based on the needs of the College and the students Excelsior serves.
Please Note: There is a known issue with the online submission and Internet Explorer 11. The online submission will work with another browser or if you put Internet Explorer into Compatibility View before clicking on the online link
To do this, click on Tools then place a checkmark next to Compatibility View. If the Tools menu is not showing, click the Alt key on your keyboard to display the menu.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. The candidate selection process will begin immediately and continue until May 21, 2014. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Admissions Counselor Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.
Open Positions at Excelsior College