Apply for Admission
We are here to assist you every step of the way. Use the checklist below to be sure you have everything you need before you get started.
Active Duty, Guard, Reserve, or Veterans: if you need more information before you apply, please start by visiting our Center for Military Education.
Your Application Checklist
- Create your MyExcelsior account if you haven't already.
- Give yourself some uninterrupted time to apply.
- Gather all the information you'll need for your application:
- Your payment information for the application fee: $50 for Undergraduate and Graduate.
- Names and addresses of accredited colleges/universities you've attended (including branch/campus)
- Names of college-level exams, professional training, and certification programs you've completed.
- If applicable, supplemental documentation (i.e. health care license, graduate essay).
- Request that your official transcripts be mailed directly from the issuing institutions to:
Office of Registration and Records
7 Columbia Circle, Albany, NY 12203-5159.
- Submit your FAFSA online at fafsa.ed.gov
*Even if you're not eligible for, or don't want to use financial aid, filling out the FAFSA will provide you with the opportunity to be considered for scholarships.