Transcripts and Documents
Official transcripts and documents are those that a college, testing agency, or education office sends directly to:
Office of Registration and Records
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, NY 12203-5159
Institutions using Credential Solutions may send the official transcript to us electronically.
Note: The issuance date of the transcript must be 3 weeks or less.
Official transcripts must include:
- The institution's official seal
- The institution's registrar's signature (signature is usually a stamp)
- Two forms of student identification on the transcript (e.g., Social Security number and current address, or current address and date of birth)
Do not send unofficial copies. We cannot use unofficial transcripts or documents in our evaluation.
Please provide us with the name by which you are identified on your official transcripts.
Active-duty servicemembers and some veterans must submit branch-specific transcripts and documentation, in addition to transcripts for credits earned outside of the military. Visit our Center for Military Education and select the veterans' page or (if on active duty) your military branch.
Visit the International Students Admission page for information on how to submit official transcripts and documents from non-U.S. institutions.
Our admissions team can help you apply to Excelsior College. Contact them for help in:
- Finding the right degree program.
- Submitting transcripts and other paperwork.
- Getting transfer credit for previous college work, military training, or other experience.
- Understanding the application process.