Army and Army National Guard
GoArmyEd – Portal to Excelsior Degree Programs
GoArmyEd, from the Army Continuing Education System (ACES), provides a one-stop portal to Soldiers serving on active duty, Reserves, or Army National Guard for managing their college education and Tuition Assistance (TA). Excelsior delivers TA funded degree and course offerings, and reports Soldier progress through GoArmyEd.
Army Soldier Enrollment Option
Army soldiers that enroll into select Excelsior College degree programs will have all administrative fees waived (enrollment, student services annual, graduation, and application) under the Army Soldier Enrollment Option.
Army National Guard Distance Learning Resources
- National Guard Professional Education Center provides assistance to ARNG Soldiers with their educational goals.
- National Guard Education Incentives and Employment pages have information on state and federal educational benefits, Servicemembers' Opportunity Colleges, Troops to Teachers, and more.
College of the American Soldier (CAS) Enlisted Education Program (EEP)
This partnership of education and training between the Army and Excelsior College provides Soldiers in Combat Arms MOSs an opportunity to achieve an Associate degree during a Soldier's first term of enlistment.
College of the American Solider (CAS) Career NCO Program.
The Career NCO Degrees Program is a offered through the College of the American Soldier and the SOCAD Army Career Degree Program. The Career NCO Degrees Program expands existing civilian higher education degree choices to provide Career NCOs associate and bachelor's degree options not tied to enrollment in a MOS specialty degree. Selected from existing SOCAD degrees in business- and management-related disciplines, Career NCO Degrees are:
- Accepted and supported by the American Council on Education (ACE).
- Provide flexibility in degree completion time.
- Maximize credit transfer between colleges.
- Maximize college credit for military training and education.
- Minimize academic residency requirements.
- Include courses on-site at installations and through distance/online learning.
The program is open to all NCOs at any point in their career but maximum credit for Army leadership schools is based on completion of NCOES through Sergeants Major Course.
Excelsior College Degree Programs Selected for Career NCO Degrees Program
Business and management-related degrees are designated Career NCO Degrees. Excelsior College degree programs selected include:
- Associate in Science in Business
- Bachelor of Science in Business (Management of Human Resources)
- Bachelor of Science in Business (General Business)
Apply with GoArmyEd
Complete a GoArmyEd Common Application
- On the GoArmyEd site, create your GoArmyEd account.
- Select Excelsior College as your Home Institution and choose an approved degree/certificate program.
- Complete and submit the GoArmyEd Common Application.
Gather Your Records
You will need to submit the following documents. Select the links below for more information and instructions for requesting these documents:
Army & Army National Guard
Servicemembers and Veterans with DLI Training
Enroll in Your Chosen Program
The undergraduate nursing programs and graduate degree programs require that you to apply to the College before you can enroll. See the Apply tab for details.
- Enroll Online (login required) – Note that you will be required to pay the Graduate Student Services Fee online with a major credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover Cards accepted)
- Download the Graduate Degrees Enrollment and Payment Form (PDF)
Graduate Certificate Enrollment
- Graduate and Post-Master's Nursing Certificates Enrollment and Payment Form (PDF - login required)
Learn about optional Financial Aid
Undergraduate courses are fully covered by Army Tuition Assistance (TA) through GoArmyEd. Navigate TA and course registration with GoArmyEd's hip pocket guide, Your Guide for Army Tuition Assistance (PDF).
Students with insufficient TA funds available who register for courses via GoArmyEd must remit the remaining balance to the College for registration to be processed. Payment may be made by check, money order, or credit card. Submit your completed forms and payment either by mail or fax:
- By mail:
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, NY 12203-5159
- By fax: 518-608-8135
Military Education Representative on your Installation
Education Representatives at regional installations are available to advise you and help you get started.
Military personnel and family members are eligible for all scholarships that are available to Excelsior College students. For further information, visit our Financial Aid page or email the Financial Aid office at email@example.com. Military spouse scholarship programs are available.
Two types of distance learning course formats are available:
- Online courses
- Instructor-led CD-ROM-based courses offered in business-related subjects by our School of Business and Technology
Excelsior College has continuous enrollment, and our flexibly-scheduled distance learning courses begin every other month throughout the year. CD-ROM and online courses are offered in 8 week and 15 week terms. Review our course dates and deadlines and course search page for detailed information. Please contact an academic advisor for course approval to be sure the course(s) you choose will apply toward your remaining degree requirements.