Changes to the Associate Degree in Nursing Program Requirements
Be sure to review each of these recent program changes:
Effective March 30, 2016, applicants to the associate degree programs in nursing need to meet each of the criteria below in order to be eligible for admission:
- Hold current and active LPN/LVN licensure, paramedic certification, or currently serve in the U.S. military, National Guard, or Reserves in a specific military occupation that is equivalent in scope of practice to LPN/LVN or paramedic.
- Submit a completed Verification of Health Care Experience form (PDF), which requires a signature from your supervisor. The VHCE form expires 3 months from the date of your supervisor's signature. IMPORTANT: In addition to submitting a VHCE form upon application to the program, students will need to submit a new VHCE form no more than 3 months prior to FCCA eligibility.
- Earn the minimum required score, as established by the School of Nursing, on the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS). The scores noted below must be earned on a single attempt of the TEAS.
- Reading: 69%
- Mathematics: 63.3%
- Science: 45.8%
- English: 60%
Acceptance of TEAS Score
When you register for the TEAS you MUST provide ATI with the following in order to match your TEAS transcript with your Excelsior College student record:
- Your date of birth (MM/DD)
- The SAME email address you provided to Excelsior College
Your TEAS will NOT be accepted without these two forms of identification.
TEAS scores are only valid if taken no more than one year prior to the date of your application. In addition, you can only test twice in a calendar year (Jan-Dec). Please read these instructions:
- How to create an account with ATI (PDF)
- How to register for the TEAS (PDF)
- How to purchase a transcript from ATI (PDF)
We encourage you to begin gathering the documentation above, and to begin preparing to take the TEAS.
Your application should not be submitted to Excelsior College until you have achieved the required admission scores on the TEAS.
If you have any questions, please contact our admissions office staff at 888-647-2388, ext. 2.