Association for Computing Machinery Student Chapter
Welcome to Excelsior College's Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Student chapter. As the world's largest educational and scientific computing society, ACM provides the most comprehensive resources, conferences, and seminars to both professionals in the field and to all students studying in any of the computing related programs.
Founded in 1947, ACM has an excess of 100 affiliated chapters representing more than 100,000 members in over 100 countries. ACM has more than 500 student chapters in the United States and abroad which offer opportunities to enhance learning through the exchange of ideas among students and professionals in addition to providing career development and professional growth. Student membership in the ACM is open to all Excelsior College information technology students.
Because of this partnership with ACM, Excelsior College students can interact with other computing professionals, and make contacts that can help them find a job. ACM has proven to be an incredible resource for students in terms of its continuing education, networking, and professional connections for career advancement. Please consider taking advantage of the countless opportunities provided by this exceptional organization, as you continue to take positive steps towards reaching your educational and career successes.
A few of the benefits of joining the ACM as a student:
- Complimentary Subscription - Chapter Members are eligible for a three-month complimentary electronic subscription to ACM's flagship publication Communications of the ACM.
- Receipt of ACM's Popular E-Newsletters:
- TechNews, the latest news in computing, 3x weekly.
- CareerNews, the latest career and industry news, bi-monthly.
- MemberNet, all about ACM people and events, monthly.
- A full-year electronic subscription to:
- Crossroads (XRDS), a quarterly magazine to stimulate, inform, and educate students of computing, along with helpful information about calls for papers, fellowships, grants, and other opportunities.
- ACM Student Quick Takes (SQT), a quarterly email newsletter with each issue highlighting ACM activities, programs, and offerings of interest.
Chapter members are eligible for an "acm.org" email forwarding address with Google Postini filtering.
If you are a student interested in becoming a member of the Excelsior College Association for Computing Machinery Student Chapter, email us at ACM@excelsior.edu
For information about the computer hardware and software requirements for participating in our meetings, please review the requirements outlined in Start to Finish booklet (PDF).