Association Outreach Consultant, Temporary Position Washington D.C.
Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, private, nonprofit institution of higher learning, seeks applicants for an Association Outreach Consultant within our Washington D.C. office. This is a part time, temporary position and offers 15-20 hours a week.
The Association Outreach Consultant grows partnerships with national associations based in the D.C. area. The Association Outreach Consultant will be responsible for relationship building and forging documented partnerships with national associations and unions.
The goal of this position is to help Excelsior grow revenue by increasing student enrollments from association partners and by building awareness of the many services Excelsior College provides. The Association Outreach Consultant will work closely with other Association Outreach (O&A) staff to support these partnerships and market Excelsior College programs to key partners. This could include UExcel® exams, the ability to provide assessment of an organization's training for credit, Center for Professional Development non credit programs, and the ability to create courses or exams for a partner as well as grow enrollments in our academic programs.
This individual must be able to work independently. Some travel, conference attendance, and off site meetings may be required. This position reports to the Director of the D.C. Center and other O&A staff.
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop new partnerships with national associations, with a focus on those based in the D.C. area.
- Build strong trusted advisor relationships with associations.
- Promote the use of Excelsior College courses and examinations.
- Promote the Center for Professional Development programs including our ability to create new certificate programs or put courses online for partners.
- Actively seek opportunities to develop Center for Educational Measurement and other strategic business opportunities that advance the strategic goals of the College.
- Promote Excelsior's ability to assess training programs for partners.
- Assure that all activities adhere to Excelsior College policies and procedures, standards of good practice, and Middle States Accreditation standards.
- Work with O&A staff to actively engage with all partners on a monthly basis.
- Use project management software to prioritize, manage, and accurately complete tasks within prescribed timeframes.
- Provide efficient and consistent tracking of activities via SalesForce®.
Metrics for success in this position include:
- Creation of new partnerships with organizations that are a strong fit for Excelsior.
- Organize activities with partners (i.e., arranging for workshops, webinars, attend benefits fairs or partner conferences, running email campaigns, and submission of articles to their newsletters).
- Build relationships with partners (e.g., attendance at partner events and webinars, on-going outreach, etc.) and other O&A staff to ensure maintenance of the partnership.
- Record all activities in SalesForce.
- Conduct follow up with partners to drive revenue creation.
- Work toward the College's strategic goals and enrollment goals.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution is required, preferably in business or education.
- Previous experience in higher education or with associations/union management is required.
- Experience in at least one of the following areas is preferred.
- Account management
- Business development
- Academic advising
- Enrollment management
- Strong oral, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, decision making, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple, diverse stakeholders across complex organizations and different populations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively
- Proven ability to work independently and with initiative.
- Demonstrate creativity, enthusiasm and openness to innovation.
- Ability to master a wide body of knowledge and information.
- Proficient computer literacy and willingness to learn new applications.
- Self discipline to work from home while achieving required metrics and goals.
Please Note: There is a known issue with the online submission and Internet Explorer 11. The online submission will work with another browser or if you put Internet Explorer into Compatibility View before clicking on the online link
To do this, click on Tools then place a checkmark next to Compatibility View. If the Tools menu is not showing, click the Alt key on your keyboard to display the menu.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit to email@example.com, or by mail:
Association Outreach Consultant Search
2000 M. Street NW
Washington D.C. 20036
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.
Open Positions at Excelsior College