Campus Security Report
This report is prepared in compliance with the Federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) of 1998. It informs students, faculty, and staff about the College's campus security policy. As a distance learning education service provider, Excelsior College has no residential facilities. Located in Albany, the capital city of New York State, the College's administrative operations are housed in four buildings in an office complex that borders a combination of residential, professional, and retail properties.
Crime-Emergency Reporting Policy
All actual or suspected crimes, emergencies, fires, accidents or injuries should be reported to:
- Excelsior College Office of Human Resources - 518-464-6975
- Excelsior College Facilities Manager - 518-464-8533
- Excelsior College Security Office - 518-464-8533
- City of Albany Police Department:
o Emergency # 911
o Non-emergency 518-438-4000
- City of Albany Fire Department
o Emergency # 911
o Non-emergency 518-462-3261
Upon notification, Excelsior College staff will contact public law enforcement or fire fighting authorities as appropriate. Excelsior staff has a cooperative relationship with City of Albany Police and Fire authorities and will work with such authorities to facilitate the resolution of all criminal or emergency incidents. All Excelsior students and employees are likewise encouraged to cooperate with law enforcement and fire fighting authorities as necessary.
The Excelsior College campus is comprised of four office buildings at 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9 Columbia Circle in Albany, New York 12203.
- On weekdays, during normal operating hours (between 8:30 am and 5 pm) a receptionist is on duty at Excelsior's main administrative building at 7 Columbia Circle.
- During the College's extended hours, on Mondays and Wednesdays from 5 to 8 pm, a security officer is stationed at 7 Columbia Circle and monitors all buildings at regular intervals.
- All buildings are locked after business hours and can only be accessed using an authorized security fob.
- Policing of Excelsior College's facilities falls under the jurisdiction of the City of Albany Police Department.
- The parking area servicing the office buildings comprising the Excelsior campus is lit and the College's security officer is available to escort College employees from the workplace to their vehicles during extended hours between 5 and 8 pm on Mondays and Wednesdays.
Alcohol and Drug Abuse
Alcohol and drug abuse by Excelsior College students and employees is strictly prohibited on Excelsior College property consistent with the College's Alcohol and Drug Free Workplace policy.