Coast Guard Distance Learning Partnerships
Excelsior College partners with the SOCCOAST and the Coast Guard Institute (CGI) in offering degree and certificate programs to meet the needs of Coast Guard members, their family members, and Coast Guard civilian employees.
SOCCOAST/Coast Guard programs allow Coast Guard personnel to complete their degree requirements using online courses available from our degree and certificate programs.
Coast Guard personnel without Internet access while assigned to sea duty should check with an advisor to see if one of our courses offered via CD-ROM will fit their program requirements.
Education Services Officers (ESOs)
Education Services Officers are available to advise you and help you with application process. A list of ESOs in your area is available on the CGI Web Site.
Apply for Admission
Excelsior College has open undergraduate admission for military servicemembers, with the exception of these degree programs:
- Associate in Applied Science in Nursing
- Associate in Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
As an option, military servicemembers can still use the undergraduate application process to obtain a preliminary review of their credits prior to enrolling in a degree program.
If you are ready to enroll in an undergraduate degree program, skip the Apply step and go to the Enroll and Register tab.
Gather Your Records
You will need to submit the following documents. Select the links below for more information and instructions for requesting these documents:
Servicemembers with DLI Training
- Undergraduate Admissions Online Application (login required)
- Graduate Admissions Online Application (all graduate degree programs - login required)
Undergraduate Programs Applications
- Certificate Programs Application (PDF) (all undergraduate certificate programs)
- Undergraduate Admissions Application (PDF)
Graduate Programs Applications
Enroll in Your Chosen Program
The undergraduate nursing programs and graduate degree programs require that you to apply to the College before you can enroll. See the Apply tab for details.
- Enroll Online (login required) – Note that you will be required to pay the Graduate Student Services Fee online with a major credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover Cards accepted)
- Download the Graduate Degrees Enrollment and Payment Form (PDF)
Graduate Certificate Enrollment
- Graduate and Post-Master's Nursing Certificates Enrollment and Payment Form (PDF - login required)
Learn about optional Financial Aid
Register for courses. (login required)
Military personnel and family members are eligible for all scholarships that are available to Excelsior College students. For further information, visit our Financial Aid page or email the Financial Aid office at email@example.com. Military spouse scholarship programs are available.
Two types of distance learning course formats are available:
- Online courses
- Instructor-led CD-ROM-based courses offered in business-related subjects by our School of Business and Technology
Excelsior College has continuous enrollment, and our flexibly-scheduled distance learning courses begin every other month throughout the year. CD-ROM and online courses are offered in 8 week and 15 week terms. Review our course dates and deadlines and course search page for detailed information. Please contact an academic advisor for course approval to be sure the course(s) you choose will apply toward your remaining degree requirements.