Loan Disclosure - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Tuition and Aid
Excelsior loan disclosure policies title and accordion
Loan Disclosure Information
Excelsior College policies and procedures pertaining to private loans.
These are institutional policies and may differ from policies set forth by the lenders.
General Private Loan Information
- After a private loan is certified, it will be disbursed once each trimester.
- The first disbursement will take place 10-12 business days after the loan is certified, but no earlier than three weeks prior to the start of a trimester.
- Eligibility is defined as an enrolled student with course approvals in place for the upcoming trimester and a completed Private Loan Study Plan (login required).
- To be eligible for subsequent disbursements, a student must attempt the anticipated credits in the previous trimester.
- Students receiving private loans in addition to federal aid may receive funding up to their cost of attendance as determined by the financial aid office.
- Loan disbursement amounts will be based on the amount of credits anticipated (approximately $200 per credit hour).
- Due to the structure of the Clinical Performance in Nursing Examination (CPNE®), students will be allowed a maximum of $5,000 for the exam once eligible.
Choose Your Lender
Every student at Excelsior College has the right to choose the lender of their choice.
- Excelsior College only recommends lenders who do not sell their loans to another lender later since borrowers can and do lose certain benefits when lenders sell students' loans to other lenders.
- The College continuously monitors the service our students receive from the lenders on our list and encourages feedback regarding experiences with all lenders. The financial aid office reviews the listing of lenders on an annual basis.
- As these lenders are all independent entities, Excelsior College cannot guarantee their services, and no guarantee is given or implied that these particular lenders have the lowest available rates.