Course Registration Associate
Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, nonprofit institution and a leader in distance education is seeking candidates for the Course Registration Associate position to work within the Excelsior Records Office.
The Course Registration Associate will perform a variety of administrative functions, which require the ability to learn and apply established policies and practices to support the growth of courses and registration. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and professional communication skills are required to ensure daily work flow is organized, prioritized, and accurately completed within prescribed timeframes.
The Course Registration Associate will demonstrate proficient knowledge of computer applications, word processing, and for internal candidates, the Excelsior College Student Information System (SIS). The position requires a commitment to provide quality service by assimilating a large body of factual information and relating it to students, faculty, and College staff in a caring, efficient, and consistent manner. Initiative, problem-solving, and decision making skills are required to perform the duties listed below.
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Report information monthly to the National Student Clearinghouse (NSCH) on status (i.e. full-time, half-time, etc.) of students taking Excelsior College courses and examinations.
- Report monthly to NSCH degree transmission information to support degree verification services.
- Research and reconcile enrollment verification report received from NSCH.
- Maintain, monitor, and update on-site Sergeant Major courses.
- Monitor the excessive absenteeism appeals that are received, forward to the appropriate school for review, notify students of successful appeals, and coordinate with other units to restore course access.
- Answer telephone and provide course registration information to staff, students, faculty, and other third parties.
- Address concerns and resolve problems involving registration, seat capacity, grades, equalization of sections, etc., encountered by students, staff, and faculty.
- Compose, modify, and edit correspondence.
- Conduct accurate data entry using Microsoft® Word.
- Register enrolled and prospective students for courses through manual and work queue processing.
- Proficiency in using GoArmyEd website.
- Create, cancel, and modify Excelsior College course offerings at the GoArmyEd website.
- Complete credit card transactions for students registering by phone.
- Competency in College policies and procedures and their applicability to courses and registration.
- Implement new policies and procedures for course registration that are specific to Title IV recipients, military, and nursing.
- Provide accurate information and interpret for students and faculty institution, military, military tuition assistance, and financial aid policies that apply to courses and registration.
- Generate and manage "wait list" for course takers.
- Run Qlikview™ reports and extract relevant data.
- Prep, scan, and index registration documents using the College's imaging and workflow systems.
- Photocopy, collate, and mail pertinent materials.
- Create/update student files and records using a computer.
- Mail merges using Microsoft Word.
- Manage a high volume workload while maintaining fast turnaround time.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with internal and adjunct faculty by phone, mail, and email.
Education and Experience
- This position requires an associate degree and a minimum of three years related experience and/or training.
- Two college-level writing and/or composition courses.
- Experience working in a records/registrar's office.
- Excellent interpersonal and professional communication skills.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Ability to write, edit correspondence, and communicate by phone with students, staff and faculty.
- Research skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to master a wide body of knowledge with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Work flexible hours as needed.
- Well developed critical thinking skills to resolve student and faculty issues.
- Must be dependable.
- Must demonstrate a high level of initiative.
- Possess professional telephone experience.
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Word, Internet Explorer®, and SIS.
- Willingness to learn new computer software.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Keyboard: 50-55 wpm.
Please Note: There is a known issue with the online submission and Internet Explorer 11. The online submission will work with another browser or if you put Internet Explorer into Compatibility View before clicking on the online link.
To do this, select Tools then place a checkmark next to Compatibility View. If the Tools menu is not showing, click the Alt key on your keyboard to display the menu.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Course Registration Associate Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.
Open Positions at Excelsior College