Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, private, nonprofit institution of higher learning, seeks applicants for a Data Analyst.
The Data Analyst has responsibility for performing diversified functions that require the ability to learn and apply established policies and procedures as well as create new ones. Conduct activities that support psychometric, test administration, and test development functions. Organize and prioritize various projects simultaneously and ensure that all work is accurately completed within prescribed deadlines. Conduct basic research activities and statistical and psychometric analyses. This position requires the ability to accurately attend to detail, strong organizational skills, the ability to work independently, and as a team member, proficient use of computer based applications, the ability to utilize initiative, and excellent written and organizational skills. This position necessitates professional, responsible, and mature behavior required to work with extremely secure and confidential information.
The responsibilities of the Data Analyst include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct the scoring of extended response examinations in Excelsior College's student information system (SIS).
- Run classical item analysis and prepare reports.
- Conduct and manage score testing activities using SIS. Investigate and resolve problems encountered.
- Retrieve data from SIS and place into access database tables or flat files.
- Add exam form information to SIS.
- Run and modify Discoverer Reports.
- Update grade distribution reports for multiple choice and extended response exams.
- Reconcile monthly expense accounts.
- Prepare all material and make arrangements for standard setting meetings.
- Setup standard setting database and create reports as needed.
- Run item analyses for over 50 examinations and coordinate the production of the Excelsior College and UExcel® examinations technical handbook for publication.
- Prepare data files (formatting and cleaning).
- Collaborate in the creation of item selection spreadsheets and in the form building process as needed.
- Run other psychometric and statistical analyses as needed (using basic statistics).
- Use SPSS®, Excel®, and Access® software to generate meaningful reports, graphs, and tables of data.
- Document and update processes and organize and files and directories.
- Conduct analyses to support research activities.
- Other tasks to assist the psychometric group as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, or related quantitative field, with 2 to 3 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of SPSS.
- An affinity for data and numbers.
- Familiarity with basic research methodology and statistical or psychometric analysis.
- Display high degree of accuracy and excellent attention to detail when working with data.
- Demonstrate high degree of organizational skills and productive time management.
- Proficiency in the utilization of databases (running queries), spreadsheets, and word processing applications such as Access and Excel.
- Professional commitment to responsibly secure and maintain confidential information.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to provide quality assistance to staff.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Availability to work flexible hours as needed.
Please Note: There is a known issue with the online submission and Internet Explorer 11. The online submission will work with another browser or if you put Internet Explorer into Compatibility View before clicking on the online link.
To do this, click on Tools then place a checkmark next to Compatibility View. If the Tools menu is not showing, click the Alt key on your keyboard to display the menu.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Data Analyst Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.
Open Positions at Excelsior College