Data Warehouse Developer
Ready to work with a team-focused IT staff at one of the "Top Workplaces" / "Best Places to Work" in New York State's Capital District Region?*
The Excelsior College Office of Information and Technology Services is looking for the right person for the Data Warehouse Developer position. The Data Warehouse Developer is a key participant in on-going efforts to build data integration solutions supporting both business intelligence and transactional systems based on a data integration hub architecture. The hub architecture provides operational data stores used by various systems to consume and publish transactional data. It incorporates extraction, transformation, and loading processes to bring data into the hub and to accommodate data exchange between systems and with a data warehouse used for business intelligence.
The Data Warehouse Developer is expected to develop an in-depth understanding of data maintained in various transactional application systems used by Excelsior College (both internally-hosted and cloud-based) and how data from these systems are best organized and integrated to support transactional, reporting, and analytic needs. This position has responsibility for technical design, development, implementation, maintenance, and documentation of data integration processes.
Some of this job's nuts and bolts:
- Develop and maintain complex data extraction, transformation, and load processes using Oracle Data Integrator 11g and related development tools (e.g., PL/SQL packages, stored procedures, functions, and materialized views).
- Create and maintain relational and dimensional data structures within the data warehouse and data integration hub to meet functional requirements and optimize performance.
- Develop and maintain data mappings between source and destination data stores.
- Perform system integration testing, develop formal data quality test scripts, facilitate user acceptance testing, and remediate errors and defects.
- Perform complex functional and technical system design activities, which may require extensive research and analysis.
Some of the qualifications we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, systems engineering, database management, or related field required.
- At least three years experience writing and troubleshooting complex Oracle SQL queries and PL/SQL code.
- Experience developing SQL code within a data warehouse environment preferred.
- At least one year experience developing data integration processes using an enterprise-level data integration tool, such as Oracle Warehouse Builder.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance.
Submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Data Warehouse Developer Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.
*Sources: Albany Business Review and the Times Union.