Director of International Programs
Excelsior College, a pioneer in distance education, offers a highly innovative higher education model that meets the needs of today's adult learners. The College's work environment values results, teamwork, innovation, and diversity. The Office of Innovation and Strategy within Excelsior College is currently seeking a dynamic, energetic, and creative individual for the position of Director of International Programs.
The Director of International Programs at Excelsior College reports to the Vice President for Innovation and Strategy. The Director promotes international programming development, promotes student recruitment and retention, and increases participation in international programs. The successful candidate must possess an understanding of study abroad, international student recruitment and retention, and international student services. The Director will strongly link international enrollment efforts with the institutional strategic plan and goals. This is a full-time position with benefits based in Albany, NY.
The Director is responsible for planning, developing, organizing, and evaluating Excelsior's growth and evolution.
- Oversee the existing portfolio of Excelsior College international partnerships.
- Provide strategic leadership for the development, implementation, and sustained growth of international initiatives identified by Excelsior College related to the expansion of international partnerships and student enrollments.
- In cooperation with the Vice President, use strong entrepreneurial skills to lead business development and expansion of international partnerships with universities in key strategic regions.
- In collaboration with senior management and faculty, set performance measures for the programs and evaluate them.
- Solve problems that arise in the management of programs by addressing the issues directly or providing guidance and support to staff with program management responsibility.
- Conduct site visits to initiate or evaluate programs, maintain/build relationships, recruit students, and explore new programs.
- Provide leadership for the planning of future directions of international partnership development and expansion, including certificate programs, degree completion, and potential study abroad.
- Regularly review risk management policies and procedures for safety under the leadership of the Vice President for Innovation and Strategy and in collaboration with other staff assigned to this area.
- Plan and manage the international initiatives budget and budgeting process.
- Develop teams from multiple departments on campus with multiple reporting lines.
- Teach best practices to Excelsior College staff working with international agents, universities, students, faculty, and families.
- Act on behalf of the Vice President in his absence as directed.
- Regularly review policies for partnerships, curriculum, graduation requirements, and study abroad to ensure they are consistent with Excelsior College policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum qualifications include a Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- A Master of Business Administration (preferable).
- Minimum of 5 years of increasing responsibility in international programs development and management; strong communication, intercultural, and interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate with diverse groups.
- Self-starter with strong knowledge of negotiating and writing international agreements, memoranda of understanding, and budget development.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and creative programming.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for the main administration in Albany as well as working with international universities, faculty, students, and families.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Director of International Programs Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.