Director of Partnership Solutions
Excelsior College, a non-profit, regionally accredited leader in distance learning has been serving post traditional students and working adults in pursuit of a college degree or credential for over 40 years. In following with this mission, Excelsior has created a new position: Director of Partnership Solutions. The Director provides expertise in higher education solutions and leads our efforts with partners, clients, and prospective clients or partners.
The goal of this new position is to develop our relationships with external organizations, build our reputation as a leader in distance education, and identify opportunities to address the needs of various organizations by aligning Excelsior services and offerings such as exam development, assessment of training, and the creation of certificate programs.
The Director of Partnership Solutions will serve as a key leader in the Excelsior College Outreach and Access unit (OA). The Director will provide expertise and solution development for the OA team in developing strategic relationships with both partner and non partner organizations nationally. The role of the Director is to assess the educational needs of large organizations, determine plans for the effective application of Excelsior services and offerings to address these needs, and coordinate the alignment of various service providers across the College to serve the organizations. These efforts will help Excelsior grow revenue through enrollments and services such as exam development, exam offerings, assessment of training, professional development courses, creation of certificate programs, and other Excelsior services.
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director of Outreach and Access, the Director will also work closely with the academic units and Extended Education as well as the rest of OA. This position will build solutions and coordinate all intra and interdepartmental projects to deliver exceptional service to partners and other prospective clients. This role is responsible creating and coordinating opportunities with Extended Education and academic units as well as supporting activities to support these relationships.
The Director of Partnership Solutions will be tasked with meeting CEOs, presidents, and other organization leaders to raise awareness of Excelsior College as a fit for adult learners. The Director must have the ability to professionally represent Excelsior College within the wide academic and business community.
- Build strong programs and implement activities for all partners as well as non partners to consistently promote Excelsior programs and services.
- Work with key partners to develop customized learning solutions including but not limited to the assessment of training, exam creation, and customized certificate or degree programs.
- Work with the OA team, academic units, and Extended Education to assure coordinated services in outreach, customer service, and marketing to prospective audiences (including but not limited to partnership students) to promote and support partnerships and all Excelsior offerings.
- Suggest and help implement new academic offerings, extended education programs, and other offerings that will help grow Excelsior.
- Research, recommend, and implement academic, outreach, and/or marketing avenues to increase awareness of Excelsior products and services and promote revenue generation.
- Arrange for material and/or write material for newsletters, blogs, and white papers and implement other activities which will promote Excelsior.
- Arrange for or manage workshops and webinars for our partners and other prospective clients.
- Work with the Center for the Assessment of Post Traditional Instruction, Training and Learning to find opportunities to assess partner's training and provide other Excelsior services.
- Promote the use of Excelsior College courses and examinations, including the Center for Educational Measurement's ability to create exams or provide assessment services.
- Promote the Center for Professional Development programs.
- Develop face-to-face relationships with presidents/CEOs/leaders at partners/prospective partners and key target organizations for the purpose of strategically aligning Excelsior College as a partner and/or provider of services.
- Actively search out opportunities to represent Excelsior College at forums, seminars, and conferences as a speaker and presenter to promote Excelsior and our programs.
- Provide routine reporting both internally and to partner institutions on enrollments and other metrics.
- Possess a strong knowledge of Excelsior College degree programs and requirements and relate this information to prospective partners in a highly professional and caring manner.
- Address complaints and resolve problems.
- Work toward the College's strategic and revenue goals.
- Supervise staff and subcontractor programs.
- Handle special projects for the Executive Director or other directors when needed.
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. The Director will manage the Partnership Communications Coordinator and the Partnership Data Analyst.
Some overnight travel and day trips away from campus are required for this position. We expect travel will be about 10 to 15 percent of the time.
- Master's Degree from a regionally accredited institution required. PhD a plus.
- Previous experience in higher education is required with experience in at least one of the following areas:
- academic advising
- continuing education and outreach
- Experience in at least one of the following areas:
- business development
- program creation
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong math skills and knowledge of Excel®.
- Knowledge of SharePoint® a plus
- Strong organization and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple, diverse stakeholders across complex organizations.
- Proven ability to work independently and with initiative.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Demonstrate creativity, enthusiasm, and openness to innovation.
- Ability to master a wide body of knowledge and information.
Please Note: There is a known issue with the online submission and Internet Explorer 11. The online submission will work with another browser or if you put Internet Explorer into Compatibility View before clicking on the online link.
To do this, click on Tools then place a checkmark next to Compatibility View. If the Tools menu is not showing, click the Alt key on your keyboard to display the menu.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Director of Partnership Solutions Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.
Open Positions at Excelsior College