Director of Partnership Solutions
Excelsior College, a non profit regionally accredited leader in distance learning has been serving post traditional students and working adults in pursuit of a college degree or credential for over 40 years. In following with this mission, Excelsior has created a new position, Director of Partnership Solutions, to provide expertise in higher education solutions and lead our efforts with partners, clients and prospective clients, or partners. The goal of this new position is to develop our relationships with external organizations, build our reputation as a leader in distance education, and identify opportunities to address the needs of various organizations by aligning Excelsior services and offerings such as exam development, assessment of training, and the creation of certificate programs.
The Director of Partnership Solutions will serve as a key leader in the Excelsior College Outreach & Access (O&A) unit. The Director will be part of the management team providing expertise and solution development for the O&A team in developing strategic relationships with both partner and non partner organizations nationally. The role of the director is to assess the educational needs of large organizations, determine plans for the effective application of Excelsior services and offerings to address these needs, and coordinate the alignment of various service providers across the College to serve these organizations. These efforts will help Excelsior grow revenue through enrollments and services such as exam development, exam offerings, assessment of training, professional development courses, creation of certificate programs, and other Excelsior services.
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director of Outreach & Access, and in conjunction with the Director of Academic Partnerships and the Director of Strategic Alliances, the Director will also work closely with academic units and extended education as well as the rest of Outreach & Access.
The Director of Partnership Solutions will build solutions and coordinate all intra and interdepartmental projects to deliver exceptional service to partnership students and other prospective clients. This role is responsible for creating and coordinating opportunities with extended education and academic units as well as supporting activities to support these relationships.
The Director of Partnership Solutions may be tasked with meeting CEOs, presidents, and other organization leadership to raise awareness of Excelsior College as a fit for adult learners. The Director must have the ability to professionally represent Excelsior College within the wide academic and business community.
- Build strong programs and implement activities for all partners as well as non partners to consistently promote Excelsior programs and services.
- Work with outreach staff and others at Excelsior to develop customized learning solutions including but not limited to the assessment of training, exam creation, and customized certificate or degree programs.
- Work with the O&A team, academic units, and extended education to assure coordinated services in outreach, customer service, marketing to prospective audiences (including but not limited to partnership students) to promote and support partnerships and all Excelsior offerings.
- Develop and manage internal training programs for O&A staff and subcontractors.
- With co-directors, implement standard practices and processes for outreach to improve communications with partners, partnership prospective students, and current partnership students.
- With co-directors, implement standard practices and processes for outreach to improve effectiveness of our materials, procedures, and internal systems.
- Research, recommend, and implement academic, outreach and/or marketing avenues to increase awareness of Excelsior products and services and promote revenue generation.
- Arrange for material and/or write material for newsletters, blogs, whitepapers, and implement other activities which will promote Excelsior.
- Suggest and help implement new academic offerings and extended education programs and offerings that will help grow Excelsior.
- Research and work with the Center for the Assessment of Post Traditional Instruction, Training and Learning (CAPITAL), Center for Professional Development (CPD), Center for Educational Measurement (CEM), OneTranscript, and other units to find opportunities to promote Excelsior services to partners and prospective customers.
- Research and suggest services Excelsior could provide to grow revenue from our internal units and partners.
- Represent Excelsior College at non partner and partner forums, workshops, and conferences as a speaker and presenter, representing Excelsior programs and products as well as adult learners and distance learning.
- Provide routine reporting both internally and to partner institutions on enrollments and other metrics.
- Possess a strong knowledge of Excelsior College degree programs and requirements and relate this information to prospective partners in a highly professional and caring manner.
- Work toward the College's strategic and revenue goals.
- Supervise staff and subcontractor programs.
- Handle special projects for the Executive Director or other directors when needed.
The position requires some overnight travel and day trips away from campus. We expect travel will be about 10 to 15% of the time.
- Master's Degree from a regionally accredited institution required. PhD a plus.
- Previous experience in higher education is required with experience in at least one of the following areas:
- academic advising
- continuing education and outreach
- Experience in at least one of the following areas:
- business development
- program creation
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong math skills and knowledge of Excel®.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple, diverse stakeholders across complex organizations.
- Proven ability to work independently and with initiative.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Strong organization and decision making skills.
- Demonstrate creativity, enthusiasm, and openness to innovation.
- Ability to master a wide body of knowledge and information.
- Knowledge of SharePoint® a plus.
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. The Director will manage the Partnership Communications Coordinator and the Partnership Data Analyst. Responsibilities also include addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Please Note: There is a known issue with the online submission and Internet Explorer 11. The online submission will work with another browser or if you put Internet Explorer into Compatibility View before clicking on the online link.
To do this, click on Tools then place a checkmark next to Compatibility View. If the Tools menu is not showing, click the Alt key on your keyboard to display the menu.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
The candidate selection process will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at www.excelsior.edu/ecresumesubmission, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Director of Partnership Solutions Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159<
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.