Director of Strategic Alliances
Excelsior College, a nonprofit regionally accredited leader in distance learning for over forty years, serves post traditional students and working adults in pursuit of a college degree or credential. In following with this mission, Excelsior College seeks applicants for a newly created position the Director of Strategic Alliances to lead Excelsior's Workforce Development Initiative.
The world of higher education is changing. A stronger focus on producing employees with the skills needed in a global economy has become imperative. The goal of this new position is to develop and manage Excelsior's partnership program with corporations and associations, growing revenue through new student acquisition and Excelsior services such as exam development, the assessment of training, creation of certificate programs, and other Excelsior programs. The Director of Strategic Alliances will manage the Corporate and Association Outreach Team. Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director of Outreach and Access, the Director will also work closely with the academic units and marketing/enrollment management.
The Director of Strategic Alliances will be tasked with building relationships with CEOs, presidents, chief learning officers, training and development leaders, and other organization leaderships to raise awareness of Excelsior College as a resource and trusted partner. The Director will actively search out opportunities to represent Excelsior College at forums and conferences as a speaker and presenter as a means to drive results and drive revenue streams for the College. The Director must have the ability to professionally represent Excelsior College within the wide academic and business community. Overnight travel within the United States is required for this position. We expect travel will be at least 25% of the time but less than 50% of the time.
This is a full-time position with benefits based in Albany, NY.
- Manage the Corporate and Association Outreach team to assure coordinated services in outreach, customer service, and marketing to prospective students and reports are delivered to partners.
- Develop and implement a detailed plan and individual strategies to penetrate key partnerships with the Corporate and Association Team.
- Create a system, processes, and policies for the Corporate, Association and Partner (CAP) team to systematically promote all Excelsior products (Center for Educational Measurement, Center for Professional Development [CPD], Center for the Assessment of Post Traditional Instruction, Training and Learning [CAPITAL], and training) to partners and establish metrics to track progress.
- Develop face-to-face relationships with presidents, CEOs, and leadership positions at key strategic partners of 10,000+ employees for the purpose of strategically aligning Excelsior College as a long term partner and provider of services.
- Work with key partners to custom develop learning solutions including assessment of training, exam creation, customized certificate or degree programs etc..
- Actively seek opportunities to develop strategic partnerships that advance the strategic goals of the College.
- Represent Excelsior at appropriate conferences and participate in seminars and forums etc..
- Assure that all agreements adhere to Excelsior College policies and procedures, standards of good practice, and Middle States Accreditation standards.
- Work with Outreach staff, Marketing, and individual academic units in conjunction with other Outreach Directors on marketing plans to increase enrollment and further support any CAP partnerships.
- Work with CAPITAL to find opportunities to assess partner's training and provide other Excelsior services.
- Promote the use of Excelsior College courses and examinations, including the Center for Educational Measurement's ability to create exams or provide assessment services.
- Promote the Excelsior College's CPD programs.
- Research and identify potential new opportunities and outreach initiatives in target areas.
- Analyze data on enrollments and other metrics to guide decision making.
- Possess basic knowledge of Excelsior College degree programs and requirements and relate this information to prospective partners in a highly professional and caring manner.
- Work toward the College's strategic and enrollment goals.
- Handle special projects for Executive Director or other Directors when needed.
- Build strategic Key Performance Indicators for the team to report against daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly, ultimately creating a forecasting tool to insure revenue goals are met.
Ability to master a wide body of knowledge and information.
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution required. Master's preferred.
- Previous experience in higher education with experience in at least one of the following areas:
- academic advising
- continuing education and outreach
- Experience managing teams, including remote staff.
- Highly organized with strong planning and time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication, organization, and decisions making skills.
- Ability to set and analyze dashboards and metrics leading to informed decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple, diverse stakeholders across complex organizations.
- Proven ability to work independently and with initiative.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Demonstrate creativity, enthusiasm, and openness to innovation.
- Knowledge of Sharepoint® and Salesforce® a plus.
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities also include addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Please Note: There is a known issue with the online submission and Internet Explorer 11. The online submission will work with another browser or if you put Internet Explorer into Compatibility View before clicking on the online link.
To do this, click on Tools then place a checkmark next to Compatibility View. If the Tools menu is not showing, click the Alt key on your keyboard to display the menu.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance.. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Director of Strategic Alliances search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.
Open Positions at Excelsior College