Exam Content Guides and Documentation
All documents are PDFs.
For UExcel® Exams and Excelsior College® Examinations (ECEs)
- Abnormal Psychology
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Anatomy and Physiology I
- Anatomy and Physiology II
- Basic Genetics
- Business Ethics
- Business Law
- College Writing
- Contemporary Mathematics
- Cultural Diversity
- Earth Science
- English Composition
- Ethics: Theory & Practice
- Financial Accounting
- Foundations of Gerontology
- General Chemistry I
- Human Resource Management
- Interpersonal Communication
- Introduction to Macroeconomics
- Introduction to Microeconomics
- Introduction to Music
- Introduction to Philosophy
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Sociology
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Labor Relations
- Life Span Developmental Psychology
- Literacy Instruction in the Elementary School
- Managerial Accounting
- Operations Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Political Science
- Precalculus Algebra
- Principles of Finance
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Psychology of Adulthood & Aging
- Quantitative Analysis
- Research Methods in Psychology
- Science of Nutrition
- Social Psychology
- Spanish Language
- Weather & Climate
- Workplace Communication with Computers
- World Conflicts Since 1900
- World Population
- Adult Nursing
- Community-Focused Nursing
- Essentials of Nursing Care: Health Differences*
- Essentials of Nursing Care: Health Safety*
- Foundations in Nursing Practice*
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- Health Differences Across the Life Span 1*
- Health Differences Across the Life Span 2*
- Health Differences Across the Life Span 3*
- Maternal & Child Nursing (Associate)
- Maternal & Child Nursing (Baccalaureate)
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing
- Reproductive Health*
- Research in Nursing (BS)
- Transition to the Professional Nurse Role | Watch a tutorial about using this content guide*
*Available only to enrolled Associate degree in nursing students - login required.
Test Preparation Advisory
Preparation for Excelsior College® Examinations, though based on independent study, is supported by Excelsior College with a comprehensive set of exam learning resources and services designed to help you succeed.
These learning resources are prepared by Excelsior College so you can be assured that they are current and cover the content you are expected to master for the exams. These resources, and your desire to learn, are usually all that you will need to succeed.
There are test-preparation companies that will offer to help you study for our examinations. Some may imply a relationship with Excelsior College and/or make claims that their products and services are all that you need to prepare for our examinations.
Excelsior College is not affiliated with any test preparation firm and does not endorse the products or services of these companies. No test preparation vendor is authorized to provide admissions counseling or academic advising services, or to collect any payments, on behalf of Excelsior College. Excelsior College does not send authorized representatives to a student's home.
Depending upon your individual learning style and needs, you may consider using the services and products of a test preparation vendor to help you prepare for an Excelsior College Examination. Some students have found such materials beneficial while others have not. The decision to purchase the services and products of any of these vendors is entirely up to you.
Excelsior College does not review the materials provided by test preparation companies for content or compatibility with Excelsior College Examinations.
To help you become a well-informed consumer we suggest that you consider the following before making any purchase decision regarding study materials provided by organizations other than Excelsior College.
Does the company:
- Clearly articulate that it is an independent business enterprise, separate from Excelsior College, and that it is not a degree granting institution?
- Clearly inform you that the products and services it provides have not been reviewed, nor are they endorsed, by Excelsior College?
- Openly indicate that it is not an agent of Excelsior College, that it is not authorized to provide admissions counseling or academic advising regarding Excelsior's degree requirements, and that all its costs and fees are separate from those you will pay to the College?
- Have a record of unresolved complaints/disputes with consumer protection agencies, nursing boards, attorneys general offices, or other similar organizations?
- Require clients to commit to long-term, binding contracts to access its products and services?
- Provide data to substantiate the satisfaction of its clients with its products and services?