Registering for ECEs
After you have chosen an examination...
Create an Account
If you have not already done so, please create a MyExcelsior account.
You can register and pay for your exam online. After you register, you will receive an Authorization To Test (ATT) letter. You will have six months from the date of that letter to schedule and take your exam at the Pearson VUE Test Center of your choice.
Practice exams offer valuable feedback on your study progress and familiarize you with the testing process, increasing your chances for a better grade. We offer online practice exams for many of the credit-bearing exams. You may register for a practice exam after registering for its corresponding credit-bearing exam.
Schedule Your Exam
After you have registered for an exam, you will need to schedule a date to take it.
Please contact your local education office to determine whether Tuition Assistance or other military education benefits can be used to pay for UExcel® exams.
UExcel exams are administered internationally at select Pearson VUE Test Centers. You need not be an enrolled student in an Excelsior College degree program to take an examination at a Pearson VUE Test Center.
Test Preparation Advisory
Preparation for Excelsior College® Examinations, though based on independent study, is supported by Excelsior College with a comprehensive set of exam learning resources and services designed to help you succeed.
These learning resources are prepared by Excelsior College so you can be assured that they are current and cover the content you are expected to master for the exams. These resources, and your desire to learn, are usually all that you will need to succeed.
There are test-preparation companies that will offer to help you study for our examinations. Some may imply a relationship with Excelsior College and/or make claims that their products and services are all that you need to prepare for our examinations.
Excelsior College is not affiliated with any test preparation firm and does not endorse the products or services of these companies. No test preparation vendor is authorized to provide admissions counseling or academic advising services, or to collect any payments, on behalf of Excelsior College. Excelsior College does not send authorized representatives to a student’s home.
Depending upon your individual learning style and needs, you may consider using the services and products of a test preparation vendor to help you prepare for an Excelsior College Examination. Some students have found such materials beneficial while others have not. The decision to purchase the services and products of any of these vendors is entirely up to you.
Excelsior College does not review the materials provided by test preparation companies for content or compatibility with Excelsior College Examinations.
To help you become a well-informed consumer we suggest that you consider the following before making any purchase decision regarding study materials provided by organizations other than Excelsior College.
Does the company:
- Clearly articulate that it is an independent business enterprise, separate from Excelsior College, and that it is not a degree granting institution?
- Clearly inform you that the products and services it provides have not been reviewed, nor are they endorsed, by Excelsior College?
- Openly indicate that it is not an agent of Excelsior College, that it is not authorized to provide admissions counseling or academic advising regarding Excelsior's degree requirements, and that all its costs and fees are separate from those you will pay to the College?
- Have a record of unresolved complaints/disputes with consumer protection agencies, nursing boards, attorneys general offices, or other similar organizations?
- Require clients to commit to long-term, binding contracts to access its products and services?
- Provide data to substantiate the satisfaction of its clients with its products and services?
Reasonable accommodations will be provided for computer delivered testing.
Visit our request for accommodation page and submit a request.
If you have been approved for special accommodations, call the Test Administration office toll free at 888-647-2388 ext. 166 and speak to a representative who will personally process your registration for you.