Human Resource Management
Catalog number: BUSX-410
Description: Corresponds to a one-semester course for management majors. Includes the role and context of human resource management, fair employment practices, human resource planning, human resource staffing, performance management, employee development, employee compensation, and labor relations. Tests for a knowledge of facts and terminology, particularly understanding of personnel management concepts and principles, and the ability to apply these concepts to typical personnel management situations. Assumes knowledge of basic management concepts. (Multiple-choice examination.)
Exam Type: Multiple Choice
Credit / Level: 3.0 / Upper
Exam Fee: $95*
* Fee shown is for the exam only. Other associated expenses such as books and study resources, or travel, lodging, or providing any required documentation or background checks, are additional.
Test Preparation Advisory
Preparation for Excelsior College® Examinations, though based on independent study, is supported by Excelsior College with a comprehensive set of exam learning resources and services designed to help you succeed.
These learning resources are prepared by Excelsior College so you can be assured that they are current and cover the content you are expected to master for the exams. These resources, and your desire to learn, are usually all that you will need to succeed.
There are test-preparation companies that will offer to help you study for our examinations. Some may imply a relationship with Excelsior College and/or make claims that their products and services are all that you need to prepare for our examinations.
Excelsior College is not affiliated with any test preparation firm and does not endorse the products or services of these companies. No test preparation vendor is authorized to provide admissions counseling or academic advising services, or to collect any payments, on behalf of Excelsior College. Excelsior College does not send authorized representatives to a student's home.
Depending upon your individual learning style and needs, you may consider using the services and products of a test preparation vendor to help you prepare for an Excelsior College Examination. Some students have found such materials beneficial while others have not. The decision to purchase the services and products of any of these vendors is entirely up to you.
Excelsior College does not review the materials provided by test preparation companies for content or compatibility with Excelsior College Examinations.
To help you become a well-informed consumer we suggest that you consider the following before making any purchase decision regarding study materials provided by organizations other than Excelsior College.
Does the company:
- Clearly articulate that it is an independent business enterprise, separate from Excelsior College, and that it is not a degree granting institution?
- Clearly inform you that the products and services it provides have not been reviewed, nor are they endorsed, by Excelsior College?
- Openly indicate that it is not an agent of Excelsior College, that it is not authorized to provide admissions counseling or academic advising regarding Excelsior's degree requirements, and that all its costs and fees are separate from those you will pay to the College?
- Have a record of unresolved complaints/disputes with consumer protection agencies, nursing boards, attorneys general offices, or other similar organizations?
- Require clients to commit to long-term, binding contracts to access its products and services?
- Provide data to substantiate the satisfaction of its clients with its products and services?
First, create your own free MyExcelsior account. Once you have created an account, you can register online for an exam. You may also register by calling toll free, 888-723-9267.
Effective July 1st 2014 – Pearson VUE will charge a test administration fee when you schedule your appointment to test, additional fees apply for phone transactions (scheduling, rescheduling, and canceling). You will pay $50 USD to take two-hour exams and $60 USD to take three-hour exams.