Excelsior College Exams in Nursing - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Credit by Exam
Nursing Exams header
Excelsior College Examinations
Nursing Theory exams intro
Excelsior College exams (ECEs) are available to students enrolled in Excelsior's associate nursing programs.
Nursing Theory Series Exams
Earning credit by exam lets you study independently rather than learn through structured, assignment-based courses.
ECEs are one of three ways you can complete the nursing theory requirements that comprise Phases I and II of the associate curriculum.
These exams assess your knowledge of medical, surgical, maternity, pediatric, and psychiatric nursing as related to growth and development, nutrition and pharmacology, and ethical and legal issues.
Excelsior College Nursing Theory Exams
- Essentials of Nursing Care: Health Differences
- Essentials of Nursing Care: Health Safety
- Foundations in Nursing Practice
- Health Differences Across the Life Span 1
- Health Differences Across the Life Span 2
- Health Differences Across the Life Span 3
- Reproductive Health
- Transition to the Professional Nurse Role
Focused Clinical Competencies Assessment® (FCCA)
Phase III of the nursing component is the Focused Clinical Competencies Assessment. This requirement consists of two eight-week clinical assessments delivered v