Transition to the Professional Nurse Role
Catalog number: NURX-108
Description: This examination assesses knowledge and skills related to RN professional role development (provider and manager of care and member of profession). Emphasis is placed on managerial, supervisory, and delegation functions essential to the RN role. Theory and principles related to differentiation between associate, baccalaureate, and graduate-level nursing roles are tested along with factors affecting the health care delivery system; role functioning of interdisciplinary teams; and legal, ethical, and educational aspects of current nursing practice. Influences of nursing history, nursing organizations, and regulatory bodies impacting nursing functions in the delivery of care are examined. (This is a required examination for the Excelsior College associate nursing degrees. Multiple-choice examination.)
Exam Type: Multiple Choice
Credit / Level: 3.0 / Lower
Exam Fee: $355*
* Fee shown is for the exam only. Other associated expenses such as books and study resources, or travel, lodging, or providing any required documentation or background checks, are additional.
Exam Content Guide
This exam content guide available to enrolled nursing students only.
Practice Exam info: A practice exam is available for $75 - to register for a practice exam, you must first register for its corresponding credit-bearing exam.
Test Preparation Advisory
Preparation for Excelsior College® Examinations, though based on independent study, is supported by Excelsior College with a comprehensive set of exam learning resources and services designed to help you succeed.
These learning resources are prepared by Excelsior College so you can be assured that they are current and cover the content you are expected to master for the exams. These resources, and your desire to learn, are usually all that you will need to succeed.
There are test-preparation companies that will offer to help you study for our examinations. Some may imply a relationship with Excelsior College and/or make claims that their products and services are all that you need to prepare for our examinations.
Excelsior College is not affiliated with any test preparation firm and does not endorse the products or services of these companies. No test preparation vendor is authorized to provide admissions counseling or academic advising services, or to collect any payments, on behalf of Excelsior College. Excelsior College does not send authorized representatives to a student's home.
Depending upon your individual learning style and needs, you may consider using the services and products of a test preparation vendor to help you prepare for an Excelsior College Examination. Some students have found such materials beneficial while others have not. The decision to purchase the services and products of any of these vendors is entirely up to you.
Excelsior College does not review the materials provided by test preparation companies for content or compatibility with Excelsior College Examinations.
To help you become a well-informed consumer we suggest that you consider the following before making any purchase decision regarding study materials provided by organizations other than Excelsior College.
Does the company:
- Clearly articulate that it is an independent business enterprise, separate from Excelsior College, and that it is not a degree granting institution?
- Clearly inform you that the products and services it provides have not been reviewed, nor are they endorsed, by Excelsior College?
- Openly indicate that it is not an agent of Excelsior College, that it is not authorized to provide admissions counseling or academic advising regarding Excelsior's degree requirements, and that all its costs and fees are separate from those you will pay to the College?
- Have a record of unresolved complaints/disputes with consumer protection agencies, nursing boards, attorneys general offices, or other similar organizations?
- Require clients to commit to long-term, binding contracts to access its products and services?
- Provide data to substantiate the satisfaction of its clients with its products and services?