Who Uses UExcel Exams?
- Excelsior College students—almost three-fourths of our graduates have earned credit by examination.
- Students from other colleges use exams for course requirement exemptions and for transfer credits. Check with your academic advisor to see if an exam satisfies your program requirements. View a list of schools using our exams.
- Working adults apply exam credits toward job advancement, a college degree, certifications, or to validate proficiency in a subject for personal satisfaction. Check with your employer or labor organization for tuition assistance policies related to credit by exam.
- Employers and associations can offer employees or members an efficient and affordable path to degree completion or certifications with minimum disruption to workplace schedules.
- Teachers use exams to earn credits toward certification. Satisfactory exam grades are accepted in lieu of coursework to satisfy some requirements in general education, in teaching specialties (such as English or social studies), and in professional education.
- High school and home schooled students use exams to get a jump-start on earning college credit. We offer many exams that can be used as the basis for college-level study. Students complete the exam related coursework at their school using our available resources and then take the final exam at a Pearson VUE Test Center.