Workplace Communication With Computers
Catalog number: BUSX-220
Description: This examination measures knowledge and understanding of material typically taught in an introductory undergraduate course in Workplace Communications with Computers. The content of the examination corresponds with course offerings such as Business Communications, Workplace Communications, Introduction to Communication Technology for Business, and Managerial Communications. Students should enter this course with a basic proficiency in computer use and in the office application they will use to help prepare for this examination. This examination tests for comprehension and understanding of Workplace Communications with Computers in pursuit of organizational goals and strategies. This examination specifically tests for an understanding of business communications principles, including the foundations of communication, effective and ineffective teams, interpersonal communication, and diversity within the business environment; how to write effective business messages; how to select the most appropriate technologies to enhance communication within organizations; how to use various message patterns effectively, how to use visual aids and supporting data to enhance communications, and how to use oral and online presentations to improve business communications. (Multiple-choice examination.)
Exam Type: Multiple Choice
Credit / Level: 3.0 / Lower
Exam Fee: $95*
* Fee shown is for the exam only. Other associated expenses such as books and study resources, or travel, lodging, or providing any required documentation or background checks, are additional.
Test Preparation Advisory
Preparation for Excelsior College® Examinations, though based on independent study, is supported by Excelsior College with a comprehensive set of exam learning resources and services designed to help you succeed.
These learning resources are prepared by Excelsior College so you can be assured that they are current and cover the content you are expected to master for the exams. These resources, and your desire to learn, are usually all that you will need to succeed.
There are test-preparation companies that will offer to help you study for our examinations. Some may imply a relationship with Excelsior College and/or make claims that their products and services are all that you need to prepare for our examinations.
Excelsior College is not affiliated with any test preparation firm and does not endorse the products or services of these companies. No test preparation vendor is authorized to provide admissions counseling or academic advising services, or to collect any payments, on behalf of Excelsior College. Excelsior College does not send authorized representatives to a student’s home.
Depending upon your individual learning style and needs, you may consider using the services and products of a test preparation vendor to help you prepare for an Excelsior College Examination. Some students have found such materials beneficial while others have not. The decision to purchase the services and products of any of these vendors is entirely up to you.
Excelsior College does not review the materials provided by test preparation companies for content or compatibility with Excelsior College Examinations.
To help you become a well-informed consumer we suggest that you consider the following before making any purchase decision regarding study materials provided by organizations other than Excelsior College.
Does the company:
- Clearly articulate that it is an independent business enterprise, separate from Excelsior College, and that it is not a degree granting institution?
- Clearly inform you that the products and services it provides have not been reviewed, nor are they endorsed, by Excelsior College?
- Openly indicate that it is not an agent of Excelsior College, that it is not authorized to provide admissions counseling or academic advising regarding Excelsior's degree requirements, and that all its costs and fees are separate from those you will pay to the College?
- Have a record of unresolved complaints/disputes with consumer protection agencies, nursing boards, attorneys general offices, or other similar organizations?
- Require clients to commit to long-term, binding contracts to access its products and services?
- Provide data to substantiate the satisfaction of its clients with its products and services?
First, create your own free MyExcelsior account. Once you have created an account, you can register online for an exam. You may also register by calling toll free, 888-723-9267.
Effective July 1st 2014 – Pearson VUE will charge a test administration fee when you schedule your appointment to test, additional fees apply for phone transactions (scheduling, rescheduling, and canceling). You will pay $50 USD to take two-hour exams and $60 USD to take three-hour exams.