Executive Administrative Assistant
| ||January 13, 2015|
|February 11, 2015|
Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, private, nonprofit institution of higher learning, seeks applicants for Executive Administrative Assistant to the Office of the Vice President for Enrollment Management (VP EM).
The Executive Administrative Assistant will plan and perform diverse administrative and secretarial functions. This important and demanding position requires hard work and sound critical thinking skills. Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills are required to ensure that special projects and routine work are prioritized, organized, and completed effectively, efficiently, and on time in a busy office with some tight deadlines. A high degree of professionalism, courtesy, accuracy and attention to detail are required.
The Executive Administrative Assistant will demonstrate proficient knowledge of computer applications including sophisticated spreadsheets and graphs as well as calendar, email, word processing, presentation software (PowerPoint®) and Internet browsing. He or she will show initiative and good problem-solving and decision making skills to coordinate and perform office and business functions such as the responsibilites listed below.
- Make arrangements for meetings, workshops, etc. for the VP EM and others in the unit.
- Prepare enrollment management-related statistical reports with accuracy, largely by using Excel® spreadsheets and graphs. This includes identifying sources of data (with assistance when needed), entering data, and using basic formulas.
- Support the Financial Aid Office in administering financial aid, as assigned.
- Monitor the Vice President's budget and overall Enrollment Management budget and review these budgets monthly with the VP EM.
- Arrange travel, directions, registrations, and expense reimbursement for the VP EM and others within the unit.
- Keep his/her own projects organized and on track. Assist the VP EM and key staff in doing the same.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Conduct simple research and assist with other research projects as assigned.
- Write, edit, and proof emails, correspondence, minutes, letters, memos, and reports (e.g., about research findings), etc.. Assist with more complex reports if needed.
- Answer phone and provide information to callers or route calls to appropriate contact.
- Purchase supplies.
- Develop and maintain current, well organized paper and electronic filing systems.
- Protect confidential written and verbal information.
- Serve on College-wide committees as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills to complete work well and on time.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills to provide quality staff, faculty, and student service.
- Must interact with internal and external constituencies professionally and pleasantly.
- Well developed problem-solving, judgment, and critical thinking skills. This includes good math skills (such as calculating percentages and averages, and using spreadsheets to forecast/make projections).
- Basic research skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member and to deal appropriately with confidential situations and information.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multitask in a busy office.
- High level of proficiency using computer applications including MS Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft® Word, electronic email,calendar software, and Internet Explorer®.
- Must type at least 50 wpm and be willing to learn and use new computer software. For example, must know or be able to learn and use database software (e.g., Excelsior Student Information System, MS Access™), and Discoverer.
- Work a schedule of 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Must be willing and able to work flexible hours and overtime when needed.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- A relevant associate degree or certificate (e.g., administrative assistant or business) a plus.
- Minimum 4 years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience are required.
Please Note: There is a known issue with the online submission and Internet Explorer 11. The online submission will work with another browser or if you put Internet Explorer into Compatibility View before clicking on the online link.
To do this, click on Tools then place a checkmark next to Compatibility View. If the Tools menu is not showing, click the Alt key on your keyboard to display the menu.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Note: Screening for this position will start immediately and will remain open thirty days from date of posting.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at www.excelsior.edu/ecresumesubmission, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Executive Administrative Assistant Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.