Executive Administrative Assistant, Office of Counsel
Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, private, nonprofit institution seeks applicants for the position of Executive Administrative Assistant to work within the Office of Counsel.
The Executive Administrative Assistant will plan and perform diverse administrative and secretarial functions. This important and demanding position requires hard work and sound critical thinking skills. Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills are required to ensure that special projects and routine work are prioritized, organized, and completed effectively, efficiently, and on time in a busy office with deadlines. A high degree of professionalism, courtesy, accuracy, and attention to detail are required.
The Executive Administrative Assistant will demonstrate proficient knowledge of computer applications, including spreadsheets and graphs as well as calendar, email, word processing, presentation software, and Internet browsing. Initiative, problem-solving, and decision-making skills are required to coordinate and perform office and business functions such as the duties listed below.
- Maintain calendars and coordinate logistical activities and make arrangements for external meetings, conferences, workshops, forums, and other appointments for the General Counsel and Deputy Counsel.
- Arrange travel, directions, registrations, and expense reimbursement.
- Prepare, compose, edit, and proof confidential and routine correspondence, email, and reports.
- Process contract files for Counsel and Deputy Counsel in an accurate and timely manner; maintain accurate log of contracts.
- Assist Deputy Counsel with preparing and processing of routine contracts and statements of work.
- Maintain secure records of confidential information.
- Prepare spreadsheets in Excel®, including Counsel contract log.
- Keep projects organized and on track.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Conduct basic research and assist with other research projects, as assigned.
- Answer phone and provide courteous and accurate information to callers.
- Develop and maintain current, well organized paper and electronic filing systems.
- Maintain and update Counsel's law library in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist Counsel in preparation of material required for the Board of Trustees.
- Provide minute taking for meetings, as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills to complete work well and on time.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills to provide quality staff, faculty and student service.
- Professional and pleasant interactions with internal and external constituencies.
- Well developed problem-solving, judgment and critical thinking skills. Basic research skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, and to deal appropriately with confidential situations and information.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multitask in a busy office.
- High level of proficiency using computer applications including Microsoft ® Word, Excel, PowerPoint ®, Internet Explorer®, and electronic email and calendar software.
- Work schedule of 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Must be willing and able to work flexible hours and overtime when needed.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Associate degree or certificate (e.g., administrative assistant, business, or paralegal/legal assistant) a plus.
- Minimum of four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience are required.
Please Note: There is a known issue with the online submission and Internet Explorer 11. The online submission will work with another browser or if you put Internet Explorer into Compatibility View before clicking on the online link
To do this, click on Tools then place a checkmark next to Compatibility View. If the Tools menu is not showing, click the Alt key on your keyboard to display the menu.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Executive Administrative Assistant Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.
Open Positions at Excelsior College