Full-time Nursing Faculty (Faculty Program Director)
Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, nonprofit institution and a leader in distance education is seeking candidates for the position of full time Nursing Faculty Program Director.
Excelsior is institutionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and all the degree programs at the School of Nursing are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (formerly known as NLNAC). The School has been designated a Center of Excellence in Nursing Education by the National League for Nursing three times and as the Best School for Men in Nursing by the American Assembly for Men in Nursing. It is also home to the Tau Kappa at Large Chapter Sigma Theta Tau International, Honor Society of Nursing.
The roles and responsibilities of the Faculty Program Director for the School of Nursing include:
- Participation in curriculum development.
- Implementation and evaluation.
- Recruitment and evaluation of adjunct faculty and subject matter experts.
- Creation and delivery of courses, assessments, and additional learning resources.
The Faculty Program Director is expected to serve on College-wide and School of Nursing committees, subcommittees, task forces, and participate in professional development and community activities.
The skills and knowledge required for the position include curriculum development, ability to collaborate with adjunct course and examination developers, instructional and clinical faculty. The Faculty Program Director must have a working knowledge of ADA compliance, instructional design, examination development, adult learning strategies, and educational technology.
This is a non-tenured faculty position with emphasis on participation as a team member in growing and refining the nursing programs. This is a full-time position with benefits located in Albany, NY.
Curriculum Development, Delivery, Implementation, and Evaluation
- Chair/participate in committees and subcommittees as appropriate to the program and school.
- Ensure integrity of the curriculum.
- Oversee development, revision, and evaluation of courses, assessments, and additional learning resources.
- Implement, evaluate, and revise courses, assessments, and online learning activities.
- Participate in recruitment of adjunct faculty for instruction, clinical evaluation, examination, and course development.
- Participate in development of nursing curricula.
- Collaborate with other units to develop and implement student services.
Develop, Coordinate, and Administer Courses, Assessments, and Additional Learning Resources
- Assure consistency in the administration of courses and assessments.
- Participate in ongoing evaluation and quality improvement of courses, assessments, and additional learning resources.
- Participate in ongoing evaluation and quality improvement in relation to scheduling courses, assessments, and additional learning resources.
- Recruit, orient, and evaluate adjunct clinical and/or instructional faculty.
Human Resource Manager
- Recruit and hire adjunct faculty.
- Mentor and coach new adjunct faculty.
- Support adjunct faculty development, retention, and satisfaction.
- Evaluate adjunct faculty performance.
College and School of Nursing Responsibilities
- Participate in:
- School of Nursing and College-wide committees and activities.
- Activities supportive of the College's strategic plan and the goals of the School of Nursing.
- Marketing and outreach activities.
- Quality improvement, student satisfaction, and retention activities.
- Support the School's and College's strategic plans.
Participant in Professional Development and Community Activities
- Engage in scholarly activities supportive of the School and the College including research, participation in professional organizations, and/or publications and presentations.
- Participate in activities in service to the profession of nursing.
- Participate in continuing education and professional development activities.
- Engage in community service.
- Represent the College at professional meetings and forums.
The Faculty Program Director reports to the Assistant Dean of the respective program.
Travel required of all faculty. The amount of travel varies by position and may be extensive.
A Master's Degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution is required. An earned doctorate or significant progress toward completion of the doctorate is preferred. Other qualifications include:
- A license to practice as a registered professional nurse or eligibility for licensure in New York State.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication.
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies and staff.
- Demonstrated commitment to nontraditional education of adults.
- Experience in nursing education and curriculum development.
- Experience with distance education preferred.
Please Note: There is a known issue with the online submission and Internet Explorer 11. The online submission will work with another browser or if you put Internet Explorer into Compatibility View before clicking on the online link.
To do this, click on Tools then place a checkmark next to Compatibility View. If the Tools menu is not showing, click the Alt key on your keyboard to display the menu.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
The candidate selection process will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at www.excelsior.edu/ecresumesubmission, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Full-time Nursing Faculty (Faculty Program Director) Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.