Faculty Program Director, History
Excelsior College is seeking applicants for the position of Faculty Program Director, History within the School of Liberal Arts. This is a full time position with benefits based in Albany, NY.
This position is responsible for overseeing online course development, revision, and instruction in history. This position requires a broadly-educated person in history comfortable within an interdisciplinary environment and knowledgeable of history at all undergraduate levels. Skills and knowledge required include innovative use of technology in instructional design and delivery, adult learning strategies, oversight of course developers and instructors, and ensuring ADA compliance. This is a twelve month non-tenured faculty/administrative position where the emphasis will be placed upon participation as a team member in building and maintaining our history program for students at a distance.
This position reports to one of two Associate Deans in the School.
Essential duties and responsibilities are listed below. Other duties may be assigned.
Curriculum Development, Implementation, and Evaluation
- Identify and recruit faculty for instruction and course development/revision.
- Plan and oversee online course development and revision.
- Plan course offerings and oversee course delivery.
- Assess course and program outcomes as appropriate.
- Conduct faculty evaluation as required by the College.
- Work collaboratively with College staff and faculty to resolve policy or curricular issues.
College and School of Liberal Arts Responsibilities
- Participate in School of Liberal Arts and College-wide committees and activities.
- Collaborate with other units for the provision of student services.
- Participate in activities supportive of the College's strategic plan and the goals of the School of Liberal Arts.
- Represent the College at professional meetings and forums.
- Participate in marketing and outreach activities.
- Participate in quality improvement and customer satisfaction activities.
Professional Development and Community Involvement
- Engage in scholarly activities.
- Participate in activities in service to the advancement of interdisciplinary studies.
- Participate in continuing education and professional development activities.
- Doctorate in History discipline from a regionally-accredited institution required; interdisciplinary background preferred
- Experience in higher education in a full-time teaching or administrative capacity highly preferred.
- Experience with non-traditional/adult learners required.
- Experience with online learning required; experience with Blackboard helpful.
- Knowledge of basic multimedia tools preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational as well as oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and concisely by phone, letter, email, and face-to-face.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Faculty Program Director, History Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.