Faculty Program Director, Public Health, School of Health Sciences
The School of Health Science at Excelsior College is seeking candidates for the position of Faculty Program Director, Public Health. Excelsior College, a recognized world leader in distance higher education, makes college degrees accessible to working adults with highly flexible and affordable degree programs. Excelsior College is a private, independently chartered institution, formally known as Regents College. A dedicated staff of 480+ currently serves over 32,000 students worldwide
Program Directors in the School of Health Sciences are internal faculty (Excelsior College employees) who provide academic leadership for the development and management of the curricula for assigned programs and services within the School. This is a full-time position with benefits based in Albany, NY
Essential duties and responsibilities are listed below. Other duties may be assigned.
Curriculum Development, Implementation, and Evaluation
- Serve in a leadership role while working with faculty to ensure curricula integrity of programs within School of Health Sciences.
- Hold faculty appointment to the School of Health Sciences Faculty Committee.
- Oversee the development of health science courses and programs, including all public health courses and programs.
- Evaluate levels of reliability and validity of assessment instruments.
Faculty Management and Development
- Recruit and orient adjunct faculty, mentor and coach new faculty.
- Develop, coordinate, and evaluate strategies that support faculty development, retention, and satisfaction.
- Evaluate faculty performance and provide constructive guidance and feedback.
- Assure consistency of student evaluation and faculty adherence to scoring protocols.
Facilitation of Learning and Student Support
- Develop and evaluate strategies that support student learning, retention, and satisfaction.
- Research and investigate online educational methodologies and strategies to support student success.
- Develop and implement strategies to promote student socialization and retention.
- Assure consistency and maintain quality standards in the delivery of courses, assessments, and guided learning activities.
- Provide information and professional judgment to other programs and College staff related to student needs, interests, and issues.
- Advocate for programs and services that promote student success.
Coordination and Administration of Courses, Assessments and Guided Learning Activities
- Perform administrative functions essential to the assigned program.
- Facilitate the implementation of all course-related technology and services.
- Participate in activities supportive of the College's strategic plan and the goals of the School of Health sciences.
- Communicate information to faculty and students regarding academic policies as they relate to health science courses and programs; assure adherence to same.
- Coordinate scheduling of courses based on student needs and unit resources.
- Collaborate with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness in identifying and responding to grant opportunities supportive of the strategic initiatives for the School of Health Sciences.
- Assume a leadership role in developing and implementing special projects as assigned.
Communication and Collaboration within the College Community
- Participate in School of Health Sciences and College-wide committees and activities.
- Collaborate with other units for the provision of student services.
- Participate in activities supportive of the College's strategic plan and the goals of the School of Health Sciences.
- Represent the College at professional meetings and forums.
- Participate in marketing and outreach activities.
- Participate in quality improvement and customer satisfaction activities.
- Participate in the process of systematic program evaluation.
- Provide consultation services to internal and external customers.
Professional Development and Community Involvement
- Engage in scholarly activities, such as publications, presentations, and/or research.
- Participate in activities in service to the health science professions.
- Participate in continuing education and professional development activities.
- Engage in community service.
An earned doctorate in public health or a related field and a master's degree in public health from a regionally accredited institution. Significant progress towards the completion of PhD degree or ABD Status will be considered. Experience in higher education is preferred. Other qualifications include:
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication.
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies and staff.
- Demonstrated commitment to nontraditional education of adults.
- Experience with online education preferred.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Faculty Program Director, Public Health, School Of Health Sciences Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.