Faculty Program Director, RN-BS Programs, School of Nursing
Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, nonprofit institution and a leader in distance education is seeking candidates for the position of Faculty Program Director, RN-BS Programs, within the School of Nursing.
Excelsior is institutionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and all the degree programs at the School of Nursing are accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), formerly known as the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC). The School has twice been designated a Center of Excellence in Nursing Education by the National League for Nursing and as the Best School for Men in Nursing by the American Assembly for Men in Nursing. It is also home to the Tau Kappa Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International, Honor Society of Nursing.
This position located in Albany NY, is a non-tenured, full-time, year-round administrative position with competitive compensation.
The skills and knowledge required for the position include curriculum development, ability to collaborate with adjunct course and examination developers, and instructional faculty. The faculty program director must have a working knowledge of ADA compliance, instructional design, examination development, adult learning strategies, and educational technology.
This is a non-tenured faculty position with emphasis on participation as a team member in growing and refining the nursing programs. The faculty program director reports to the Assistant Dean of the respective program.
Essential roles and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participation in undergraduate curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation
- Recruitment and evaluation of adjunct faculty and subject matter experts
- Creation and delivery of courses, assessments, and additional learning resources
- Serve on College-wide and School of Nursing committees, subcommittees, and task forces
- Participation in professional development and community activities
An earned doctorate from a regionally accredited institution or significant progress towards completion of the doctorate is preferred. Other qualifications include:
- A license to practice as a registered professional nurse or eligibility for licensure in New York State
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies and staff
- Demonstrated commitment to nontraditional education of adults
- Experience in nursing education and curriculum development
- Experience with distance education preferred
Travel is required of all faculty. The amount of travel varies and may be extensive.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Faculty Program Director, RN-BS Programs Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.