Flexible Ways to Earn Credit
Transfer credits into Excelsior programs and graduate sooner.
Excelsior accepts approved credits* from a wide variety of sources:
- Excelsior College courses
- Examination programs including Excelsior College® Examinations, UExcel® Exams, AP® Exams, College Level Exam Program (CLEP®), and DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST®)
- Other accredited colleges and universities
- Portfolio-Based Assessment of prior learning
- Military training
- Corporate training
- Nursing Certifications
- IT certifications from Microsoft®, Novell®, Cisco®, SAS®, Oracle®, CompTIA®, Sun Microsystems® and others
- Industry training such as the Game Institute, General Physics, and Nuclear Utilities Accredited Training Programs
- Credits appearing on international credentials evaluated by Excelsior College approved agencies
- Participating criminal justice training academies and agencies.
*Credits earned from Excelsior College and other accredited colleges and universities as well as training, certifications and examination programs evaluated and recommended for college credit by Excelsior College, The American Council on Education College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT), or National College Credit Recommendation Service (National CCRS), formerly known as National PONSI. Some credit transfer time limitations apply.