Help Desk Analyst, Information Technology
The Help Desk Analyst, as part of a team, is the primary contact with internal departments and vendors for the customer support area of the Office of Information and Technology Services. The Help Desk Analyst receives customer requests for repairs and problem resolution maintaining the details of these requests in a help desk database, coordinates and monitors appointments for repair technicians, and performs other related duties as required. The primary shift is weekdays with one evening per week.
Responsibilities include the following. All of the following are to be performed while adhering to Excelsior College operational policies, safety rules, and procedures. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receive telecommunications, networking and personal computer requests for repairs and resolutions of problems.
- Perform installations and changes (MACS) with desktop and telephone systems as needed.
- Perform repairs, maintenance, and installation of personal computer hardware and software, and telephone sets and wiring.
- Resolve connectivity problems such as direct wire, modem, and LAN between PCs and servers.
- Implement virtual conferencing and audio and video recordings for staff to include coordinating all aspects of virtual meetings and recordings from planning to finalizing videos.
- Identify best methods for webinars and recordings.
- Troubleshoot and test media equipment and research new technologies to enhance all aspects of video multimedia.
- Provide expert project support including the set-up and maintenance of equipment for audio, video conferencing, and teleconferencing needs.
- Work on special duties or projects assigned by the Director of Technical Services such as hardware, software, and network installations and configurations.
- Keep current on computer topics.
- Attend professional conferences as required.
- Attend professional and technical courses as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with an attention to detail and follow through. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a desire to work in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and decision making skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines while providing quality customer service and products.
- Ability to provide technical support for offsite customers over the phone.
- Working knowledge of supporting and conducting webinar services and utilizing authoring software is desired.
- Strong attention to detail and quality of work.
- Demonstrated attitude of positive customer service.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Work a primarily weekday daytime shift with one evening per week.
- Flexibility to work alternate shifts on an as needed basis.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Computers/Information Systems with at least one year experience supporting personal computers and network systems or Associate in Science in Computer/Information Systems with at least two years of the above experience or an equivalent combination of education/experience that provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Help Desk Analyst Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.