Excelsior College Nursing Graduates are Among the Best in the Nation
- Experienced: We only admit students with substantial clinical experience.
- Dedicated: Our nursing students are mature working professionals, averaging 10 years of clinical experience before enrolling. Three years after graduation, 95% percent of Excelsior nursing graduates still work as registered nurses.
- Motivated: Completion of our program demands a high degree of self-discipline and self-direction, qualities essential to RNs working in today's complex and dynamic health care environments.
- Top-performers: Excelsior nursing graduates consistently pass the NCLEX-RN exam at a rate equal to or higher than the national average, with employers giving high approval ratings to Excelsior graduates.
Read the complete text of An Open Letter to Employers (PDF) from the Dean of the School of Nursing, Mary Lee Pollard, PhD, RN, CNE.
Read the Associate Degree in Nursing Survey Report. (PDF)
Read the Bachelor's Degree in Nursing Survey Report. (PDF)
Read the Master's Degree in Nursing Survey Report. (PDF)
See what policy briefs prepared by the Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL) have to say about Excelsior College School of Nursing
Accreditation, Awards and Employer Feedback
Excelsior's accredited nursing programs and its graduates consistently earn awards and acclaim (listed below) from professional organizations as well as excellent employer feedback.
- National League for Nursing Center of Excellence in Nursing Education for 2005-2008, 2008-2011, and 2011-2016
- Best School Award, for the 4th time, from the American Assembly for Men in Nursing, 2006, 2007, 2009, and 2011
- Among Top 20 Military Friendly Colleges and Universities, 2007 and 2008
- Ranked 9th in the nation by Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education in 2006 for the number of Hispanics receiving nursing degrees
Programs Designed for Experienced Health Care Professionals
Learn more about Excelsior's rigorous nursing programs, designed for dedicated professionals with prior health care experience.