Hurricanes Harvey and Irma - Excelsior College
Page Hero - About Us
Hurricanes Harvey and Irma
For Students Affected by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma
Our primary concern for students in areas affected by hurricanes Harvey and Irma, and those serving as first responders, is their safety. The College is working to ensure these students have options during this challenging time.
Students and those serving who are registered for courses, and have been impacted by the hurricanes, should contact the College to discuss their options.
If you reside in Florida, Louisiana, or Texas and have a payment plan
Excelsior College has approved the deferment of the September 20 and October 5 payments for those students who reside in Florida, Louisiana, or Texas. We are working with Nelnet to defer the payments. Student Accounting is available to answer questions or concerns.
If you've registered for a course in the Fall I term
Contact an academic advisor or success coach to discuss your options (i.e., withdrawing from or remaining in the courses).
If you are registered for a course(s) but are not able to begin your course(s),
- Contact your instructor(s) by sending them a message in your course(s).
- If you are unable to email your instructor(s), academic advisors will relay a message. Contact an academic advisor by calling 888-647-2388 with these extensions:
- School of Liberal Arts ext. 1321
- School of Business & Technology ext. 1331
- School of Health Sciences ext. 137
- School of Nursing ext. 1314
- School of Public Service ext. 138
If you've registered for an exam in the Fall I term
If you’re registered for a UExcel or Excelsior College nursing exam, and can't keep a scheduled appointment at a testing center, contact Test Administration by one of the following methods:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 888-647-2388 ext. 6
- MyExcelsior message center
If you have other concerns
Contact an academic advisor or success coach with other concerns.