Known Issue with Blackboard Chat and Nanogong Functionality
With the recent update of Java (Java 7 Update 51), we have found that the Blackboard Chats feature and the Audio Recorder (NanoGong Recorder) will not load. Java is required for these features to load, however, with the most recent Java update these features will prompt with an error message. Our administrators have determined that in order to have these features load properly without error additional settings need to be configured within Java.
Please note this announcement only applies to those who have installed the most recent update of Java, Java 7 Update 51. If you are unsure of which version of Java you have installed or do not have the most recent update of Java installed, please navigate to Java to install the latest Java update or contact Technical Support at 1-877-842-8324 for assistance.
Below are the steps on how to configure Java.
1. Open the Java Control Panel.
For Windows Vista/7 computers:
a. Click on the Start button.
b. In the Start Menu, click "All Programs."
c. In the All Programs listing, locate the Java folder.
d. Expand the Java folder, then click on "Configure Java."
For Windows 8 computers:
a. Press the Windows logo key + W to open the "Search charm" to search settings.
b. In the Search box, type: Java Control Panel.
c. Click on the Java Control Panel icon to open.
For Macintosh computers:
a. Click on the Apple menu in the upper left corner.
b. Click on "System Preferences."
c. In System Preferences, click on "Java."
2. The Java Control Panel will load. Click on the Security tab.
3. Under 'Exception Site List', click on "Edit Site List..."
4. In 'Exception Site List', click on "Add."
5. In the Location field, enter each of the following web addresses one at a time, clicking "Add" after entering each address:
6. After entering the web addresses above, click on "OK."
7. A 'Security Warning - HTTP Location' box will appear, click on "Continue."
8. Click "OK" to close the Java Control Panel.
Please try the steps above and let us know if you continue to experience problems with the accessing the NanoGong Recorder. If you continue to have problems or would like assistance with the above steps, please call TechSupport toll-free: 1-877-842-8324 so that we can provide further assistance. Technical Support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.