Marketing Automation Manager
Excelsior College is a regionally accredited, private, nonprofit institution of higher learning, is seeking candidates for the position of Marketing Automation Manager. Excelsior College is a leader in the field of alternative higher education. A staff of 460+ currently serves approximately 32,000 students enrolled students worldwide. This is a full-time position with benefits located in Albany, NY.
The Marketing Automation Manager supports marketing and enrollment e-marketing activities through:
- Campaign, and report management
- Landing page, email setup and testing
- Logic creation
- Activity analysis and optimization for Excelsior's Marketing Automation (Marketo®) system.
Under the direct supervision of the Associate Director of Marketing Interactive and Engagement Strategy, the Marketing Automation Manager will work with the Marketing, Outreach and Access, Admissions, Financial Aid, Enrollment Management(EM) operations and OITS (web/technology) teams to manage and optimize communications and marketing campaigns to foster engagement and to improve conversion of leads to enrollments. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently and as part of a team to help successfully achieve marketing goals and objectives.
- Assist in the management and ongoing optimization of the Marketo tools to help further EM's strategic plans for engagement and integration with Salesforce® (CRM). This will encompass Marketing, Admissions, Financial Aid as well as Outreach and Access activities.
- Build campaigns and lead-nurturing programs using marketing automation and CRM tools and setup and execute technical tasks associated with landing pages and emails alongside the creative and engagement teams who will be developing copy, graphics, and other assets.
- Support the media team and the integrated marketing communications team. Test and launch online marketing lead-generation efforts, including email marketing programs (list creation and management, logic set up which may include triggers, filters, tokens, dynamic content, etc.).
- Perform A/B testing where needed (lists, templates, design, subject lines, offers, copy, etc.) and collaborate with team to continuously improve campaign effectiveness and ROI.
- Maintain smartlists, reports, campaign data, lead score, and automated communications programs.
- Understand integrated systems and execute a variety of data, assignment, and rule-based tasks.
- Report and Analyze.
- Collaborate to put proper tracking in place to generate required reports.
- Create marketing dashboards of key performance indicators.
- Work with the team combining reports, to identify operational and marketing opportunities for management to use for optimization strategy and other data-driven decisions.
- Work toward visually engaging and highly actionable dashboard for key stakeholders.
- Conduct customer research to identify ways to improve conversion rates.
- Assist the marketing team with market research projects, survey implementation and analysis.
- Collaborate with Enrollment Operations, IT, Marketing, Admissions, Outreach, and other teams on system upgrades, data continuity, cross-departmental communication, and cross-channel engagement efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree required (in marketing or business/quantitative discipline). Bachelor's Degree (marketing or related business/quantitative discipline) is preferred.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
- Experience with:
- e-Marketing and marketing automation software (Marketo preferred).
- Database management (segmentation, reporting, and maintenance).
- Data analysis, reporting, and business intelligence.
- List importing and management.
- CRM software (Salesforce a plus).
- Web page management and HTML (Responsive CSS a plus).
- Technically savvy, comfortable with software applications and databases.
- Analytically minded and metrics focused, Excel® skills.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Understanding of business needs (including enrollment management operations and marketing processes).
- Testing tool functionality confirming use of tools to meet goals.
- Good communicator, and ability to communicate with a non-technical audience.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, meeting tight deadlines, managing multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple stakeholders across complex organizations.
- Proven ability to work independently and with initiative.
- Strong organization, communications, and decision making skills.
- Demonstrate creativity, enthusiasm, and openness to innovation.
- Ability to master a wide body of knowledge and information.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong sense of account ownership and pride in work.
Please Note: There is a known issue with the online submission and Internet Explorer 11. The online submission will work with another browser or if you put Internet Explorer into Compatibility View before clicking on the online link.
To do this, click on Tools then place a checkmark next to Compatibility View. If the Tools menu is not showing, click the Alt key on your keyboard to display the menu.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Marketing Automation Manager Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.
Open Positions at Excelsior College
Research Analyst (Part Time)