Excelsior College, a private, independently chartered institution and recognized leader in the field of alternative higher education, seeks applicants for the position of Marketing Coordinator within the Enrollment Management Unit.
The Marketing Coordinator is a member of the Marketing team. The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Media Manager, Digital Media Manager, the Interactive Communications Manager, and the Social Media & Engagement Manager in the development, execution, optimization, and analysis of paid media, interactive and social media marketing plans. This position helps coordinate the work related to external media vendors and the College's internal marketing team, enrollment management operations team, and the finance team.
- Coordinate development and execution of integrated marketing communications plans with the integrated Marketing Communications Manager.
- Facilitate marketing activities for interactive and social media projects including gathering content assets such as Excelsior statistics, testimonials, videos, and photos. Organize the above to be readily available for marketing materials.
- Assist with media, interactive and social media audience research as needed.
- Serve as a back-up for conference and tradeshow activities.
- Query student database via Discoverer for direct mail and email lists for marketing campaigns and trouble shoot as necessary.
- Facilitate marketing activities for the commencement including gather testimonials, video, and photos. Organize these assets for use in marketing materials.
- Manage revisions of viewbooks, brochures, and other collateral pieces using in-house and freelance designers.
- Proofread internally and externally produced ads, landing pages, and interactive social media content.
- Develop and track email campaigns using InformZ and make recommendations for improvements.
- Act as back up monitor for social networking sites when the Social Media and Engagement Manager is unavailable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree required; bachelor's preferred, preferably in marketing or communications
- Three years of marketing experience or equivalent is preferred, ideally in higher education
- Proficiency in Microsoft® Office - especially Excel and PowerPoint
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- A self-motivated individual and good team player
- Good organizational, verbal/written skills are necessary
- Strong time management skills with the ability to plan, prioritize, monitor, and respond to changes quickly
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
Please Note: There is a known issue with the online submission and Internet Explorer 11. The online submission will work with another browser or if you put Internet Explorer into Compatibility View before clicking on the online link.
To do this, click on Tools then place a checkmark next to Compatibility View. If the Tools menu is not showing, click the Alt key on your keyboard to display the menu.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Marketing Coordinator Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.
Open Positions at Excelsior College