Marketing Graphic Designer
Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, private, nonprofit institution of higher learning, seeks applicants for the Marketing Graphic Designer within the Enrollment Management Division.
The Marketing Graphic Designer is a member of the Marketing team. The Graphic Designer is responsible for developing and implementing creative designs for all types of marketing materials including digital and print ads, emails, landing pages, newsletters, print collateral, other e-marketing graphic assets and the Excelsior public website. The Marketing Graphic Designer will work under the direction of the Director of Marketing Creative and Brand Strategy to ensure that all graphics, logos, illustrations, and communications adhere to Excelsior College brand policy and quality standards. The ideal candidate will have strong digital/interactive design skills, interpersonal, and creative skills.
- Work with the marketing team to develop creative concepts and designs for all marketing materials under the direction of the Director of Marketing Creative and Brand Strategy.
- Work in collaboration with the Associate Director of Marketing Interactive and Engagement Strategy and the Director of Marketing Creative and Brand Strategy to develop interactive designs that facilitate engagement.
- Work in collaboration with the Integrated Marketing Communications Manager to deliver creative materials on schedule based on the guidelines defined in the project strategy brief.
- Improve and enforce marketing graphic standards and styles for consistency, quality, and brand assurance purposes.
- Take initiative to propose ideas and solutions to make improvements.
- Manage and maintain marketing graphic files, including photos, logos, and art.
- Work with outside vendors as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate of Fine Arts, Graphic Design or related field is required; Bachelor of Fine Arts, Graphic Design or related degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years work experience as a digital/interactive designer in marketing preferred.
- Experience using Photoshop®, InDesign®, Flash®, Illustrator® and/or Acrobat®.
- Experience with website usability and web design, mobile design, and email design best practice is a plus.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, manages multiple priorities, and demonstrate exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Experience creating ADA-compliant and SEO-friendly content.
- Experience with multimedia (audio, video, animation, and streaming technologies) and related software a plus.
- Be self-motivated and a good team player.
- Possess a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Have a strong sense of account ownership and pride in work.
- Possess a good sense of decorum and brand appropriateness.
Please Note: There is a known issue with the online submission and Internet Explorer 11. The online submission will work with another browser or if you put Internet Explorer into Compatibility View before clicking on the online link.
To do this, click on Tools then place a checkmark next to Compatibility View. If the Tools menu is not showing, click the Alt key on your keyboard to display the menu.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Marketing Graphic Designer Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.
Open Positions at Excelsior College
Research Analyst (Part Time)