Navy College Program Distance Learning Partnership (NCPDLP)
Excelsior College partners with Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges for Navy personnel (SOCNAV) to meet the undergraduate educational needs of Sailors. We also partner with the Navy College Program (NCP). Visit the NCP Web site for more information about the Navy College Program Distance Learning Partnership, including Tuition Assistance (TA).
Roadmaps Listed by Rating (PDF)
Apply for Admission
Excelsior College has open undergraduate admission for military servicemembers, with the exception of these degree programs:
- Associate in Applied Science in Nursing
- Associate in Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
As an option, military servicemembers can still use the undergraduate application process to obtain a preliminary review of their credits prior to enrolling in a degree program.
If you are ready to enroll in an undergraduate degree program, skip the Apply step and go to the Enroll and Register tab.
Gather Your Records
You will need to submit the following documents. Select the links below for more information and instructions for requesting these documents:
Navy and Marine Corps
Servicemembers and Veterans with DLI Training
- Undergraduate Admissions Online Application (login required)
- Graduate Admissions Online Application (all graduate degree programs - login required)
Undergraduate Programs Applications
- Certificate Programs Application (PDF) (all undergraduate certificate programs)
- Undergraduate Admissions Application (PDF)
Graduate Programs Applications
- Certificate Programs Application (PDF) (all graduate certificate programs)
- Graduate Application for Admission (PDF)
- Post-Master's Certificate in Nursing Education (PDF)
Enroll in Your Chosen Program
The undergraduate nursing programs and graduate degree programs require that you to apply to the College before you can enroll. See the Apply tab for details.
- Enroll Online (login required) – Note that you will be required to pay the Graduate Student Services Fee online with a major credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover Cards accepted)
- Download the Graduate Degrees Enrollment and Payment Form (PDF)
Graduate Certificate Enrollment
- Graduate and Post-Master's Nursing Certificates Enrollment and Payment Form (PDF - login required)
Learn about optional Financial Aid
Register for courses. (login required)
Military Education Representative on your Installation
Education Representatives at regional installations are available to advise you and help you get started.
Military personnel and family members are eligible for all scholarships that are available to Excelsior College students. For further information, visit our Financial Aid page or email the Financial Aid office at email@example.com. Military spouse scholarship programs are available.
Two types of distance learning course formats are available:
- Online courses
- Instructor-led CD-ROM-based courses offered in business-related subjects by our School of Business and Technology
Excelsior College has continuous enrollment, and our flexibly-scheduled distance learning courses begin every other month throughout the year. CD-ROM and online courses are offered in 8 week and 15 week terms. Review our course dates and deadlines and course search page for detailed information. Please contact an academic advisor for course approval to be sure the course(s) you choose will apply toward your remaining degree requirements.