Online Program Coordinator, Associate Nursing Program
Excelsior College, a private, independently chartered institution and recognized leader in the field of alternative higher education, seeks applicants for the position of Online Program Coordinator, for the Associate Degree in nursing within the School of Nursing.
The primary function of the position is to coordinate and support the online learning resources for students enrolled in the Associate Degree in nursing program. The online program coordinator will collaborate with faculty, staff, Office of Information and Technology Services, and the Center for Online Education Learning, and Academic Services (COELAS). The Associate Degree in nursing coordinator is knowledgeable of the characteristics of the adult learner and is able to communicate effectively with a diverse population. The Coordinator is committed to providing quality student service and adheres to all Excelsior College policies and procedures.
The candidate is competent in the use of software programs necessary for creating and revising online student resources and able to work within the Student Information System (SIS). The coordinator remains current and competent with software applications necessary for performance of the job responsibilities and will seek additional training as necessary and available. This person provides the Associate Degree in nursing faculty and staff with technical assistance, utilizing initiative and sound decision making skills.
- Work with faculty and staff to edit, maintain, and manage online learning resources.
- Assist students and faculty in solving problems related to day-to-day operation/maintenance of online courses and conferences.
- Assure faculty and student access to online courses and conferences.
- Retrieve data for online course/conference evaluations.
- Coordinate with faculty for ongoing online course/conference facilitation.
- Maintain learning resources supportive of student preparation for nursing theory exams and course, Focused Clinical Competencies Assessment (FCCA®), and Clinical Performance in Nursing Examination (CPNE®).
- Work closely with faculty to develop online learning resources.
- Work closely with COELAS to enhance quality of online courses/conferences.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to students.
- Register students for Associate Degree in nursing online conferences.
- Monitor Excelsior's Message Center and the MyExcelsior Community to respond to students and/or forward to faculty as needed.
- Assist students via phone, and Message Center.
- Maintain accurate student records in SIS.
- Provide administrative support to Associate Degree in nursing team as necessary.
- Assist and support Associate Degree in nursing communication related to College issues, staff, and external businesses.
- Process confidential and routine correspondence and reports as assigned.
- Write/run Discoverer reports.
- Serve on College-wide committees as assigned.
- Work on projects and tasks as assigned.
- Create, modify, and maintain databases within Associate Degree in nursing program.
- Represent Associate Degree in nursing team on task forces and user groups focused on learning platforms and SIS.
- Coordinate Associate Degree in nursing Team projects as requested.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities of the position.
- Associate degree in addition to three years of related experience or training.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Sound judgment and confident decision-making.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to interact effectively and cooperatively with team members, faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and be accountable to established deadlines.
- Function effectively as a team member.
- Prepare and review accurate detailed documents.
- Computer literacy and willingness to learn additional software applications.
- Proficiency with Microsoft® Office.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Online Program Coordinator, Associate Degrre in nursing Program Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.