Outreach Representative, Metro NYC (Consultant position)
Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, nonprofit institution and a leader in distance education is seeking applicants for a consultant position to work as an Outreach Representative in the Office of Outreach and Access.
This position is based in Metro NYC and requires travel within the assigned territory. Excelsior College will reimburse approved incurred expenses, including mileage at the IRS rate or car rental expenses including fuel, hotel, meals at per diem for areas traveled in, tolls, tips, and all other miscellaneous expenses. The anticipated work schedule is two days or 16 hours per week. This consultant position does not offer benefits.
Outreach Representatives work with Enrollment Management staff to develop, manage, and grow partnerships or other relationships with academic institutions, businesses, and other organizations based in their pre-determined territory.
The primary goal of this position is to grow student enrollments and revenue for Excelsior services from our current partners located in the Metro NYC vicinity. The initial focus will be to promote an increased awareness of Excelsior College to partners and prospective partners in the Metro NYC vicinity through meetings with transfer counselors, officers/management, and academic units and by conducting general presentations to inform prospective students of opportunities we offer. Outreach Representatives will represent Excelsior College at events such as community college transfer fairs and/or corporate benefit fairs.
The Outreach Representative may also be asked to assist with relationship building and to attend events with veteran groups, corporations, associations, and other groups for purposes of student recruitment and promoting other Excelsior services.
The position requires a commitment to providing quality service by assimilating a large body of factual information and relating it to prospective students and key contacts in an effort to increase enrollments or inform possible clients about Excelsior services. The Outreach Representative will be well versed in all College services, will be able to direct inquiries for the most appropriate degree and service and will professionally represent Excelsior College.
The Outreach Representative will work closely with outreach and veteran services staff along with various other departments at Excelsior College. The successful candidate will work independently from home. Travel, conference attendance and off site meetings will be required. Some evening work is also required.
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work on developing face-to-face relationships with admissions, transfer counselors, student advisement, articulation offices, academic staff, and veteran services staff at assigned community colleges and other partners.
- Manage relationships with existing partner institutions to increase enrollments.
- Conduct site visits to partner institutions to facilitate the coordination of services and communication and to attend benefit fairs/transfer fairs/meetings.
- Identify possible new strategic partnerships and articulation agreements with non-partners and assist with the creation of such partnerships and articulation agreements under the leadership of the partnership team in Albany, NY.
- Find opportunities to present to classes/groups information about Excelsior College.
- Work with the partnership team to create coordinated detailed presentations.
- Promote the use of Excelsior College courses/examinations, and training for assessment.
- Promote the Center for Professional Development programs.
- Provide efficient and consistent tracking of prospective students/partners.
- Provide reports and metrics to evaluate enrollments, applicants, and program successes.
- Possess a strong knowledge of Excelsior College degree programs and requirements and relate this information to prospective partners in a highly professional and caring manner.
- Work toward the College's strategic and enrollment goals.
Day trips are required for this position. Overnight travel may be required occasionally.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Two years of progressive marketing, admissions, and advisement experience in higher education, particularly with adult learners, is required.
- Experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Academic advising
- Continuing education and/or outreach
- Strong oral, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and decision making skills.
- Ability to work independently and self manage to achieve required metrics and goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple, diverse stakeholders across complex organizations and different populations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Demonstrate creativity, enthusiasm, and openness to innovation.
- Ability to master a wide body of knowledge and information.
- Proficient computer literacy and willingness to learn new applications.
Please Note: There is a known issue with the online submission and Internet Explorer 11. The online submission will work with another browser or if you put Internet Explorer into Compatibility View before clicking on the online link.
To do this, click on Tools then place a checkmark next to Compatibility View. If the Tools menu is not showing, click the Alt key on your keyboard to display the menu.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
The screening process with begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Interested candidates should email a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references to Courtney Brinkman, Outreach Data Analyst or by mail:
Office of Outreach and Access/ Enrollment Management Unit
Outreach Representative, Metro NYC Consultant Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, NY 12203
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.