Partnership Development Specialist
For over 40 years, Excelsior College has provided innovative and rigorous academic programs to adult learners. The College meets students where they are academically, geographically, and technologically and assists them in reaching their goals by offering a range of academic offerings.
Excelsior College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and holds specialized accreditation from TAC of ABET, and NLNAC.
A staff of 480+ currently serves 35,000 enrolled students.
The College is currently seeking applicants for the Partnership Development Specialist position to work as a part of the Outreach and Access team. This position is located in Albany, NY.
The Partnership Development Specialist works in Enrollment Management under the direct supervision of the Director of Academic Partnerships to develop, manage, and evaluate partnerships with academic institutions for the purposes of student recruitment.
The goal of this position is to help Excelsior grow student enrollments from Academic Partners.
Initial focus will be to promote an increased awareness of Excelsior College to community colleges and other academic partnerships. The responsibilities of this position are to meet with college transfer counselors and officers/management, conduct general presentations to inform students of opportunities available through Excelsior College, and represent Excelsior College at community colleges and other recruitment events such as transfer fairs and educational events.
The Specialist may occasionally be asked to assist with relationship building and forging partnerships with corporations, associations, unions, and other groups for purposes of student recruitment.
The successful candidate will be well versed in all College options, learning opportunities, and services, and will be able to direct inquiries for the most appropriate degree and service. The candidate must have the ability to professionally represent Excelsior College within the wide academic and business communities.
The Specialist will work closely with other recruiters, marketing, and outreach staff and will interact with other departments in Excelsior College. The successful candidate will be able to work independently as well as part of a team to help successfully achieve enrollment goals and objectives. Travel, conference attendance, and off site meetings will be required.
- Create, build, and manage partnerships with community colleges and other academic institutions.
- Develop face-to-face relationships with admissions, transfer counselors, student advisement, and academic staff at community colleges.
- Manage relationships with existing partner institutions to assure coordinated services in marketing, reporting, and customer relationship management and increased enrollments.
- Conduct site visits to partner institutions to facilitate the coordination of services and to attend transfer fairs, classroom visits, and meetings.
- Actively seek opportunities to develop strategic partnerships and articulation agreements with post secondary institutions and coordinate the creation of such partnerships and articulation agreements that advance the strategic goals of the College.
- Assure that all articulation agreements and other academic affiliations adhere to Excelsior College policies and procedures, standards of good practice, and Middle States Accreditation standards.
- Work with Excelsior College staff and Directors of Academic Evaluation to coordinate the creation of program-to-program transfer guides for new partners.
- Promote the use of Excelsior College courses and examinations.
- Promote the Center for Professional Development programs.
- Research and identify potential new opportunities and outreach initiatives in target areas.
- Provide efficient and consistent tracking of student service/advisement by maximizing the use of computer system (i.e., Lotus Notes, Student Information System, ACE Database, Course Search, etc.).
- Provide routine reporting both internally and to partner institutions on enrollments and other metrics.
- Possess a strong knowledge of Excelsior College degree programs and requirements and relate this information to prospective partners in a highly professional and caring manner.
- Work toward achieving the College's strategic and enrollment goals.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong oral, written communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, decision making, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple, diverse stakeholders across complex organizations and different populations.
- Proven ability to work independently and with initiative.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Demonstrate creativity, enthusiasm, and openness to innovation.
- Ability to master a wide body of knowledge and information.
- Proficient computer literacy and willingness to learn new applications.
Education and Experience
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university is required, preferably an MBA with a focus in marketing or communications.
- Previous experience in higher education, particularly with adult learners, is required.
- Experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Academic advising
- Continuing education and/or outreach
- Minimum of two years of progressive marketing or sales experience is preferred.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Partnership Development Specialist Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.