Partnership Development Specialist, Washington, DC
For over 40 years, Excelsior College, a non-for-profit institution of higher learning has provided innovative and rigorous academic programs to adult learners. The college meets students where they are academically, geographically and technologically and assists them in reaching their goals by offering a range of academic offerings. Excelsior College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and holds specialized accreditation from TAC of ABET and NLNAC. A staff of 500+ currently serves 35,000 enrolled students. Excelsior College is currently seeking applicants for the position of Partnership Development Specialist to work in the Outreach and Access team. This is a full-time position with benefits based in Washington, DC.
The Partnership Development Specialist works in Enrollment Management to develop and manage partnerships with businesses, associations, unions, and other organizations in their territory, with a focus on associations headquartered in the DC area. The goal of this position is to help Excelsior grow revenue through enrollments and providing services such as exam development, assessment of training, creation of certificate programs as well as other Excelsior Services.
The goal of this position is to help Excelsior grow student enrollments and promote other Excelsior services in the DC area.
Focus will be to promote an increased awareness of Excelsior College and building partnerships to increase enrollments and use of Excelsior services such as the Center for Educational Measurement, Center for Professional Development and OneTranscript in the Washington, DC area. The responsibilities of this position are to identify, connect, and build relationships with representatives of corporations, associations, and/or other organizations who are a good fit with Excelsior College. Additionally, the Partnership Development Specialist will be expected to build enrollments with all established partnerships under their account portfolio.
In addition to the responsibilities above, the Partnership Development Specialist will represent Excelsior College at conferences, trade shows, benefits fairs, and other events.
The position requires a commitment to providing quality service by assimilating a large body of factual information and relating it to prospective partners, students, and key contacts in an effort to increase enrollment and promote Excelsior services. The Specialist will be well versed in all College options, learning opportunities, and services, and will be able to direct inquiries for the most appropriate degree and service. The Specialist must have the ability to professionally represent Excelsior College within the wide academic and business community.
The Partnership Development Specialist will work closely with other partnership development specialists, and outreach staff and will interact with other departments in Excelsior College. The successful candidate will be able to work independently from the Washington DC Office to help successfully achieve enrollment goals and objectives.
- Manage existing partnerships for Excelsior with Corporations and Associations by developing face-to-face relationships with human resources, training, member services or other applicable departments.
- Actively seek opportunities to promote Excelsior to existing partners through relationship building, site visits, webinars, presentations, and other forms of outreach with the focus of generating enrollments and promoting Excelsior services.
- Assure coordinated services in marketing, reporting, and customer relationship management.
- Actively develop new partnerships in tandem with the Director of Strategic Alliances and coordinate the creation of such partnerships that advance the strategic goals of the College.
- Represent Excelsior at appropriate conferences, participating in seminars/forums etc. representing Excelsior College.
- Work with other Outreach staff and individual schools on plans to increase enrollment and revenue from partners.
- Ensure consistency with Excelsior's brand so we are delivering a consistent, branded, and accurate message.
- Work with the Center for the Assessment of Post Traditional Instruction, Training and Learning (CAPITAL) to find opportunities to assess partner's training and provide other Excelsior services.
- Work with Excelsior College staff and Directors of Academic Evaluation, as well as the Executive Director of the Center for the Assessment of Post-traditional Instruction, Training, and Learning, to coordinate the creation of program-to-program transfer guides for new partners.
- Promote the use of Excelsior College courses and examinations, including the Center for Educational Measurement's ability to create exams or provide assessment services.
- Promote the Center for Professional Development programs.
- Research and identify potential new opportunities and outreach initiatives in target areas.
- Provide routine reporting both internally and to partner institutions on enrollments and other metrics.
- Possess a strong knowledge of Excelsior College degree programs and requirements and relate this information to prospective students and or partners in a highly professional and caring manner.
- Work with prospective partnership students to informally evaluate transcripts and discuss transfer equivalencies providing the student with the ability to make an informed decision.
- Work toward College's strategic goals and revenue/enrollment goals.
- Assure that all agreements adhere to Excelsior College policies and procedures, standards of good practice, and Middle States Accreditation standards.
- Provide efficient and consistent tracking of student service/advisement by maximizing the use of computer system (i.e., Lotus Notes®, SalesForce®, Excelsior's Student Information System, Sharepoint® etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
This position works out of our DC Center. Heavy travel within the DC area and some travel outside DC involving overnight stays.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong oral, written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, decision making, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple, diverse stakeholders across complex organizations and different populations.
- Proven ability to work independently and with initiative.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
- Demonstrate creativity, enthusiasm and openness to innovation.
- Ability to master a wide body of knowledge and information.
- Proficient computer literacy and willingness to learn new applications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel® , Powerpoint® and Microsoft® Word.
Education and/or Experience
- Master's Degree from a regionally accredited institution or progress towards is required, preferably in Marketing or Communications.
- Two years experience in one of the following areas:
- Higher education
- Collegiate admissions
- Previous experience in higher education, particularly with adult learners, is required.
Please Note: There is a known issue with the online submission and Internet Explorer 11. The online submission will work with another browser or if you put Internet Explorer into Compatibility View before clicking on the online link.
To do this, click on Tools then place a checkmark next to Compatibility View. If the Tools menu is not showing, click the Alt key on your keyboard to display the menu.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information at www.excelsior.edu/ecresumesubmission, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Partnership Development Specialist, DC Center Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.