Practice Exams for Excelsior College® Examinations (ECEs)
Available Practice Exams
We offer pairs of online practice exams for many of our credit-bearing exams. You may register for practice exams after you have registered for the corresponding credit-bearing exam. Choose from practice exams in nursing, arts and sciences, business, and education.
Browse available practice exams
Cost, Eligibility, and Deadlines
- The cost of practice exams for ECEs varies as follows:
- $25 for the practice exams available for the 2 hour credit-bearing exams
- $75 for the practice exams available for the 3 hour credit-bearing exams
- $35 for Research in Nursing practice exam
- Anyone who has registered for a credit bearing Excelsior College Examination may register to take the corresponding practice exams.
- After you register and pay for a practice exam you have 90 days to complete the set of two practice exams and review the results online. Your test results and remaining time can be found when you log in to MyExcelsior to check your exam status and scores.
- We highly recommend that you take the first form of the practice exam as a pretest, early in your study period. Use the results to identify areas for further study and carry out a plan. Then take your second form as a post test and see how much you have improved.
Other Important Details
- Practice exams will be available until 11:50 pm EST of the last day of your deadline.
- Deadline extensions will only be granted when technical problems attributed to Excelsior College prevent you from testing or viewing your results within the original deadline.
- No refunds are available for practice exams.
UExcel® Practice Exams
Visit the UExcel Practice Exams page for details about their available practice exams.