Program Coordinator, U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy/Fort Bliss, TX
Excelsior College, a recognized world leader in distance higher education, makes college degrees accessible to working adults with highly flexible and affordable degree programs. Excelsior College is a private, independently chartered institution. A staff of 300+ serves over 27,000 enrolled students worldwide, who are enrolled in the Schools of Liberal Arts, Health Sciences, Nursing, Public Service, and Business and Technology. The College is currently seeking candidates for the full-time position of Program Coordinator at the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy, Fort Bliss, TX.
The primary function of this position is to serve as a liaison between the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy, the Fort Bliss military community and Excelsior College to coordinate on-site programs, provide on-site student support and advising services, and promote an increased awareness of the College. The responsibilities of this position are:
- Provide oversight to the on-site programs offered at the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy.
- Meet with prospective students by personal advising sessions to assist in the admissions process to Excelsior College.
- Handle all education transactions using GoArmyEd (course registration, degree selection, etc.), and conduct general presentations to inform students of opportunities available through Excelsior College.
The position requires a commitment to providing quality service by assimilating a large body of factual information, and relating it to students and military education counselors in a caring, efficient, and consistent manner. The Coordinator must have the ability to professionally represent Excelsior College within the wide academic and military community.
Essential duties and responsibilities are listed below. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide oversight and coordination of the on-site programs delivered at the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy under the guidelines of the MOU.
- Coordinate administrative functions such as course schedules, GoArmyEd degree selection and course registration, and Excelsior College policies and procedures.
- Promote student recruitment and retention by conducting marketing activities and distribution of promotional materials.
- Serve as the on-site resource for Excelsior College faculty related to administrative and student issues.
- Provide supervision for the Excelsior College Military Admissions Counselor at Fort Bliss Army Education Center.
- Provide general advisement for prospective students at the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy and Fort Bliss community via personal interviews.
- Review and unofficially evaluate documents for students to provide degree program planning and enrollment information.
- Provide information on distance learning courses, examinations, degree program planning, enrollment information, military tuition assistance, and veterans benefits.
- Work closely with the Center for Military Education, School of Liberal Arts, and the Education Advisor at the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy to promote communication and collaboration between all parties.
- Provide reports on activities relating to prospective student appointments, contacts, and presentations.
- Work toward the College strategic planning goals and military enrollment and course goals.
This position reports to the Executive Director, Center for Military Education.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution is required.
- Previous experience in military education or higher education is preferred.
- Experience in adult and continuing education or distance education highly desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective organizational and decision-making skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Evaluate detailed documents and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, as well as, effectively interact with home-campus team members.
- Demonstrated proficiency using computer-based applications.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent organizational and decision making skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to master and assimilate a large body of factual information.
- Attentive to detail.
- Ability to interact effectively with students, military education counselors, and Excelsior College staff.
- Previous experience in higher and/or military education is desirable.
- Ability to incorporate and reflect the values of the adult student.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Solid supervisory skills.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Program Coordinator, US Army Sergeants Major Academy Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.