Program Manager, Veteran to BS in Nursing Project
Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, private, nonprofit institution and recognized leader in the field of higher education, seeks a Program Manager within the School of Nursing. This is a 3 year (July 2014-June 2017), grant funded, full-time position with benefits. The position is based in Albany, NY.
The Program Manager handles all aspects of implementation for a federally-funded program designed to help veterans achieve a BS in nursing and enter careers in nursing.
A career at Excelsior College offers an opportunity to work at a dynamic institution dedicated to adult distance education. We're looking for an individual with a collaborative style, who functions well in a teamwork environment, is solution oriented, outcome driven and has the ability to managing large, complex projects with a high level of accuracy and customer focus.
- Coordinate the implementation of a wide range of activities as outlined in the grant Work Plan and Timeline.
- Initiate meetings, prepare agendas and maintain minutes.
- Manage the project budget with input from the Grants and Fiscal offices.
- Act as project liaison with various College offices and external partners and consultants to create a unified program of services serving veterans.
- Collaborate with Excelsior's Office of Institutional Effectiveness and an independent evaluator to establish evaluation processes, ongoing review and formative evaluation for program improvement, and final evaluation of program outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with program's Faculty Mentor.
- Supervise the work of curriculum consultants and administrative assistant.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Serve as the single-point-of-contact for any questions regarding the project.
- Write quarterly reports, annual project performance, and evaluation reports with the project evaluator, and assuring completion of the final report.
- Together with the PI and Evaluator, disseminate key program findings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires a minimum of a master's degree in nursing; an earned doctorate in nursing is preferred.
- Experience in nursing higher education, and knowledge of the returning military student.
- Experience managing large, complex projects, within higher education preferred.
- Ability to coordinate numerous activities and diverse groups of people who need to collaborate to achieve optimized results.
- Ability to dialog with staff and translate needs and requirements of project.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to work cooperatively with internal staff, external service providers, and partners.
- Proficiency with Microsoft® Office.
- Familiarity with information technology, online learning, learning management software, and systems development.
- Ability to work independently to complete projects on time.
Please Note: There is a known issue with the online submission and Internet Explorer 11. The online submission will work with another browser or if you put Internet Explorer into Compatibility View before clicking on the online link.
To do this, click on Tools then place a checkmark next to Compatibility View. If the Tools menu is not showing, click the Alt key on your keyboard to display the menu.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information online, or by mail:
Human Resources Office
Program Manager, VBSN Project Search
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, New York 12203-5159
We are an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that strives to enhance our ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase our potential to serve a diverse student population.
Open Positions at Excelsior College
Research Analyst (Part Time)