Bachelor Degrees | Professional Studies Business & Management, Online - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Business Programs
Bachelor of Professional Studies in Business and Management
Bachelor's in Business and Management Degree
Military service and training can provide a great background for jobs in business and management. But most colleges won't grant credit for skills and knowledge you've gained outside the classroom.
Excelsior College does. Our Bachelor of Professional Studies in Business and Management is a perfect next step for students who hold associate business management degrees, as well as military veterans, military spouses, and Department of Defense civilians who've acquired an education in business and management as part of their national service.
Excelsior's business management degree lets you build on past educational achievements to earn a bachelor's degree in less time, for less money, with less hassle.
Our distance learning model lets you take online business management classes at your own convenience, without interfering with your job or family commitments. Affordable tuition, award-winning academic advising, and top-notch faculty make this an ideal business management degree program for working adults.
A Practical Degree to Build Job-ready Skills in Business and Management
Excelsior College has been one of America's leading educators of working adults since 1971. Our bachelor of professional studies in business management cultivates practical workplace skills that apply directly to real-world professional challenges, including:
- Business communications
- Project management
- Global business
- Critical thinking and analysis
- Computers and business technology
- Personnel management and evaluation
After earning a Bachelor of Professional Studies in Business and Management degree from Excelsior College, our graduates have competed successfully for jobs in a wide range of industries, including defense, global business, government contracting, and the military.
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BPS program outcomes
Bachelor of Professional Studies in Business and Management Credit Requirements
120 credits required: 30 in the arts and sciences (9 upper level); 45 in the business component (15 upper level); and 45 in the additional credit component (to include the 1-credit info lit requirement; 6 upper level).
We expect that as an Excelsior College baccalaureate business graduate you will be able to:
- Apply basic accounting concepts and principles to the analysis and interpretation of corporate financial statements.
- Explain how modern marketing concepts and theories support and influence business strategies.
- Utilize financial management concepts and tools in order to make informed business decisions.
- Apply the major concepts and theories of management to develop business strategies in a real-world context.
- Analyze the opportunities and risks associated with doing business in a global environment.
- Employ organizational theories and concepts to explain the impact of the organizational environment on management practices and employee relations.
- Analyze various leadership approaches and their application to different organizational contexts.
- Apply project management tools and techniques in a business environment.
- Effectively communicate strategic management concepts orally and in writing to multiple audiences.
- Apply various information technologies to support business strategies.
- Justify decisions by evaluating the social, ethical, and legal implications for business organizations.
- Apply knowledge of business concepts and functions in an integrated man