We expect that as an Excelsior College baccalaureate business graduate you will be able to:
- Use commonly-available workplace technology tools to communicate professional information in clear, grammatical, and effective written prose.
- Develop and communicate cohesive arguments using appropriate supporting evidence and effective prose.
- Interpret events using more than one perspective, with an understanding of the significance of integrating knowledge and skills in the workplace.
- Identify, critically evaluate, and propose solutions for management problems.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics and natural sciences to problem-solving in management contexts.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the implications of ethics and social responsibility on the individual, the organization, and society.
- Demonstrate information literacy.
- Participate effectively in groups.
- Apply project management techniques where appropriate.
- Analyze business issues in the global environment.
- Demonstrate understanding of the relationship between culture and human behavior in the workplace.
- Use business tools to solve business and management problems.
- Apply business and management concepts in an integrated manner.
120 credits required: 30 in the arts and sciences (9 upper level); 45 in the business component (15 upper level); and 45 in the additional credit component (to include the 1-credit info lit requirement; 6 upper level).
Bachelor of Science in Business with concentration in General Business
Master of Business Administration