Bachelors Degrees | Business Degree – General Business, Online Classes - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Business Programs
Bachelor of Science in Business (General Business) w/ CBE
Bachelor's in Business (General Business)
Business moves faster than ever these days, and Excelsior College is keeping pace with the times.
Our flexible, competency-based Bachelor of Science in Business (General Business) degree program will enable you to finish sooner at a lower cost than almost anywhere else.
Specifically designed for adult students with busy lives and competing responsibilities, Excelsior's online business BS degree program lets you put together a personalized program of study that builds on what you know. This bachelor's in business concentrating in general business is geared to meet current employer needs and give you an advantage in the job market.
Competency-based education (CBE) at Excelsior allows you to earn your BS in Business through a personalized program of study that combines course-based learning, independent study, and earned external credits.
- Course-based learning refers to Excelsior's 8 or 15-week online courses in business and other subjects that are directly informed by current trends in workforce development.
- Independent study options help you pursue self-paced learning with study guides and practice tests before earning credit by exam. You can also simply test out of subjects you've already mastered.
- Earned external credits are accrued through coursework completed at other institutions, military experience, college-level exams like CLEP and DSST, learning assessment, and workforce training and professional certifications completed before and/or during your enrollment.
Meet your degree requirements in whatever combination of options works best for you, then take the capstone in which your competency will be evaluated through a series of business projects, simulations, and summative exam.
- Transfer more credits to lower the cost of your BS in Business.
- Take 8 or 15-week online business classes that fit your schedule.
- Access financial aid, flexible payment plans, and other assistance to make college more affordable.
- Earn a business degree accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education.
You can also use financial aid and