Bachelors Degrees | Business Degree – Global Business | Online Classes - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Business Programs
Bachelor of Science in Business (Global Business) w/ CBE
Bachelor's in Business (Global Business)
When you're working and going to school, your business degree can feel far away. But Excelsior College helps bring the Bachelor of Science in Business (Global Business) closer to you.
A national leader in adult education, Excelsior enables you to earn a business degree at your own pace by letting you build on what you know and develop a personalized program of study that's aligned with employer needs, so you can advance in your career.
Competency-based education (CBE) at Excelsior allows you to earn your BS in Business with global business concentration through a personalized program of study that combines course-based learning, independent study, and earned external credits.
- Course-based learning refers to Excelsior's 8 or 15-week online courses in international business, and other subjects that are directly informed by current trends in workforce development.
- Independent study options help you pursue self-paced learning with study guides and practice tests before earning credit by exam. You can also simply test out of subjects you've already mastered.
- Earned external credits are accrued through coursework completed at other institutions, military experience, college-level exams like CLEP and DSST, learning assessment, and workforce training and professional certifications completed before and/or during your enrollment.
Designed for working adults looking to get ahead in their careers, this online global business program culminates in a capstone in which you'll demonstrate your knowledge through projects, simulations, and a summative exam.
- Take flexible, online classes in international business that fit your schedule.
- Transfer more credits to lower your costs and shorten the path to your globally-focused BS in Business.
- Access financial aid, flexible payment plans, and other assistance that helps make college more affordable.
- Earn a business degree that's accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education.
- Enjoy budget-friendly tuition and fees that make your online business bachelor's degree more affordable.
An Online Business Degree that Employers Respect
Excelsior's Bachelor of Business degree is accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education. You'll study with experienced faculty from some of America's leading business colleges. Our online global business classes cover the most current trends in the industry, including:
- Overseas marketing
- International finance
- Global economic analysis
- International banking, currency, and foreign exchange
- Multinational operations and logistics
With your global business degree from Excelsior College, you'll be prepared to compete for international jobs in:
- Market analysis
- Political consultancy
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BS in Business Credit Requirements
BS in Business Credit Requirements
120 credits required. 60 in the arts and sciences, 51 in the business component (to include a minimum of 21 at the upper level of which 9 must be in the concentration), and 9 in the additional credit component (to include the 1-credit Information Literacy requirement).
Courses classified as upper level must be junior-senior level (300 - 400) and can be classified as a business core, concentration, and/or business elective course.
We expect that as an Excelsior College baccalaureate business graduate you will be able to:
- Demonstrate comprehension of the principles of accounting, marketing, finance, management and economics.
- Demonstrate comprehension of the legal and social environment of business.
- Demonstrate comprehension of the global environment of business.
- Apply ethical considerations to the obligations and responsibilities of business.
- Apply business tools to real-world situations.
- Employ information literacy techniques.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Apply business concepts and functions in an integrated manner.
Review the student learning outcomes
As an Excelsior College baccalaureate-level business graduate you will be able to:
- Apply general and discipline specific concepts and methodologies to identify, analyze and solve business problems.
- Demonstrate an individual desire and commitment to remain current with and adaptive to changing business conditions through continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Demonstrate independent thinking, function effectively in team-oriented settings, and maintain a high level of performance in a professional business environment.
- Communicate effectively in a professional business environment.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business and society.
- Attain increasing levels of responsibility and leadership in one's chosen career field.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.
Specialized Business Accreditation: Intro
SPECIALIZED ACCREDITATION for Business Degrees
Excelsior College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), 11374 Strang Line Rd., Lenexa, KS 66215; 913-631-3009; www.iacbe.org. The IACBE is a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).