As an Excelsior College baccalaureate-level business graduate you will be able to:
- Apply general and discipline specific concepts and methodologies to identify, analyze and solve business problems.
- Demonstrate an individual desire and commitment to remain current with and adaptive to changing business conditions through continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Demonstrate independent thinking, function effectively in team-oriented settings, and maintain a high level of performance in a professional business environment.
- Communicate effectively in a professional business environment.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business and society.
- Attain increasing levels of responsibility and leadership in one's chosen career field.
We expect that as an Excelsior College baccalaureate business graduate you will be able to:
- Demonstrate comprehension of the principles of accounting, marketing, finance, management and economics.
- Demonstrate comprehension of the legal and social environment of business.
- Demonstrate comprehension of the global environment of business.
- Apply ethical considerations to the obligations and responsibilities of business.
- Apply business tools to real-world situations.
- Employ information literacy techniques.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Apply business concepts and functions in an integrated manner.
Review current student learning outcomes.
120 credits required. 60 in the arts and sciences, 45 in the business component (to include a minimum of 21 at the upper level of which 9 must be in the concentration), and 15 in the additional credit component (to include the 1-credit Information Literacy requirement).
Courses classified as upper level must be junior-senior level (300 - 400) and can be classified as a business core, concentration, and/or business elective course
Excelsior College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), 11374 Strang Line Rd., Lenexa, KS 66215; 913-631-3009; www.iacbe.org. The IACBE is a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE: Bachelor of Science in Accounting (NYS CPA track) and Bachelor of Science in Business.
BS in Business / MBA with concentration in Human Resources Dual Degree Track
Master of Business Administration
Master of Business Administration with Concentration in Human Resource Management
Master of Business Administration with Concentration in Human Performance Technology